Wii U will support CryEngine 4

• Thread starter jandkas
  • Start date
jandkas

jandkas

Smash Hero
Towns Folk
Wii U will support CryEngine 4 and listed by Crytek as NEXT-GEN. Interesting to note when the Wii U came out everyone was bashing that it was weak but only Crytek were praising it. (Crytek=experienced developers for graphics and games)

Source: PlayerEssence

Meanwhile, Epic says Unreal 4 can't support Wii U because it's 360-grade, although it's better than a 360, I think.

I'd be willing to guess that CryEngine 4 is superior, though, lol.

It probably has powerful GPGPU customizations.

Meanwhile, Epic says Unreal 4 can't support Wii U because it's 360-grade, although it's better than a 360, I think.

I'd be willing to guess that CryEngine 4 is superior, though, lol.

It probably has powerful GPGPU customizations.
Definitely, it was shown that it has a way superior specs than this gen, and the western media just loves to bash Nintendo.

Definitely, it was shown that it has a way superior specs than this gen, and the western media just loves to bash Nintendo.
The Wii U isn't as powerful as a PS4/XB1. The Wii U likely has a really good level of prowess with GPGPU, though. I think even the 3DS has GPGPU capability, albeit not very advanced GPGPU capability.

(For those who are unaware, GPGPU is the use of GPUs for non-graphical things.)

The Wii U isn't as powerful as a PS4/XB1. The Wii U likely has a really good level of prowess with GPGPU, though. I think even the 3DS has GPGPU capability, albeit not very advanced GPGPU capability.

(For those who are unaware, GPGPU is the use of GPUs for non-graphical things.)
Of course the Wii U isn't as powerful, but as an indie developer I know that the difference between the Wii U and the Twins is like Medium and High on PC settings.

Of course the Wii U isn't as powerful, but as an indie developer I know that the difference between the Wii U and the Twins is like Medium and High on PC settings.
I run a game company, too, heh. You should PM me about yours.

Anyway, I went around telling people "The Wii U will run Crysis 4." over this. :p

I run a game company, too, heh. You should PM me about yours.

Anyway, I went around telling people "The Wii U will run Crysis 4." over this. :p

WAIT? WHAT?

TELL ME YOU TWO! :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

WAIT? WHAT?

TELL ME YOU TWO! :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
Um, what are we supposed to tell you?

Reactions: jandkas
Um, what are we supposed to tell you?

I want to know what game company you have :p

(Don't get me wrong, just curious)

Back