WiiU Mini/slim???

• Thread starter SirPinsir
  • Start date
SirPinsir

SirPinsir

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
what do you guys think the odds of nintendo making a newer model of the Wiiu be?

The Wii U is already small as is, I don't think it could be downsized any further. So for that reason, I highly doubt a mini version will be created and released. But who knows, Nintendo is pretty unpredictable by any standards. :p

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior, 3823 and SirPinsir
The Wii U is already small as is, I don't think it could be downsized any further. So for that reason, I highly doubt a mini version will be created and released. But who knows, Nintendo is pretty unpredictable by any standards. :p
Youve got a good point, but anything could happen with Nintendo!!!

Reactions: Mikaya
So..you want a handheld Gamepad? I can't exactly see them downsizing the Wii U. The point of the Gamepad is to give you a different screen to look at, one that's close to you, and wireless, but bigger than a handheld screen, such as that of a 3DS. Decreasing its size would almost defeat the purpose of it. I don't think this is a very good idea, but Nintendo could beg to differ, I suppose.

Reactions: Mikaya
when I was like, 7 and the wii first came out, I was all like"what if they made a PORTABLE WIIU??? I pictured it to look alomt IDENTICAL to the gamepad. I feel nintendo can use mewtwo and read my mind from afar...

You never know what Nintendo has up their sleeves. Did we know that Nintendo were working on Majora's mask 3D right after Ocarina of Time 3D was launched? Sure as hell no! They're really good at keeping secrets/preventing leaks.
However, given that many people don't care about the size of consoles but more about the content on it, I don't think there is a reason Nintendo needs to do that. Unless they are able to shrink it down significantly more.

Reactions: SirPinsir
I know this sounds stupid and highly unlickable,but I imagine Nintendo showing something like a DSU,which is a combination of the DS and the Wii U,with a size even bigger than the 3DS XL(I suppose the size of a PC computer,maybe),with both screens in HD quality.It might as well be called the HDS,but I guess that will probally be the name for Nintendo's future generation handheld,and the Wii U will most likely not turn into a handheld system like my weird suggestion predicts,but Nintendo is really sneaky at times,so there are some few chances of this happening.

I know this sounds stupid and highly unlickable,but I imagine Nintendo showing something like a DSU,which is a combination of the DS and the Wii U,with a size even bigger than the 3DS XL(I suppose the size of a PC computer,maybe),with both screens in HD quality.It might as well be called the HDS,but I guess that will probally be the name for Nintendo's future generation handheld,and the Wii U will most likely not turn into a handheld system like my weird suggestion predicts,but Nintendo is really sneaky at times,so there are some few chances of this happening.
HDS, I like it. Is the ps Vita in HD?

A smaller Wii U??? Why? I don't see a benefit in this as the Wii U is pretty small as is. A portable Wii U would be cool but I'm sure the 3DS is the answer to that little dilemma. However, this is the same company who tried they're hand at 3D gaming. ( The Virtual Boy, mind you) That being said, you never know what Nintendo is capable of. Who knows? Wii U Mini may be a thing soon.

Back