Will Call of Duty: Advance Warfare Come to Wii U?

• Thread starter BjFauble
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
BjFauble

BjFauble

Fighting in a Sack
Banned User
Yesterday Activision launched a teaser site confirming that this years installment of the franchise would be revealed on May 4th, 2014.

Well, a few hours after the announcement, the reveal trailer was leaked on Destructoid. You can watch the trailer below.

It seems as though the game will be taking place sometime in the 2040's, or sometime around there. This is clearly much more futuristic than Black Ops 2.

Now, the obvious question is, will it come to Wii U?

Activision and Infinity Ward have confirmed that the Wii U version of Call of Duty Ghosts only accounted for 1% of overall sales, which is obviously terrible.

However, this year, a new developer, Sledgehammer Games is creating the game. They've never made of Call of Duty game before so it's hard to say if they'll support Nintendo.

Oh. The game comes out November 4, 2014.

Reactions: 532
Even if it does come out on wii u I wouldn't get it, you would never be able to find a march online, it would be better for ps4 and the ps4 is better with FPS.

I don't think that releasing any more Call of Duty games on Wii U is a good idea for the developers. EA has already pulled the plug on Wii U and I think other AAA titles will do the same. Wii U is a kiddy console at heart, it doesn't deserve games like CoD, etc

I don't think that releasing any more Call of Duty games on Wii U is a good idea for the developers. EA has already pulled the plug on Wii U and I think other AAA titles will do the same. Wii U is a kiddy console at heart, it doesn't deserve games like CoD, etc
The fact that the last two Call of Duty games got released on the Wii U show that the COD developers know what they are doing. Pulling the plug on an entire console can result in the Wii U like actually 'dying'. And what happens when there's one less console to make games for, and you're a games developer?

One less platform you can't make money off.

The cod developers are playing it smart by supporting Nintendo because they know Nintendo has true potential to make them lots of money (see the DS COD games). They are waiting for the Wii U's big break. Lmaoo

Reactions: BjFauble
I play ghosts on my Wii U. i hope it comes to Wii U. We recently got our first DLC in we got free fall for free. Maybe Advanced warfare will be fully supported

I hope that it does come to Wii U, I don't think I'll be buying it but a bundle with it might boost sales from some hardcore gamers who haven't switched to the Next Gen yet, especially if it's not on PS3 and Xbox 360, Sadly, I think they won't but let's give it a chance,

How do you know this is a trustful source?

It's going to be on 360/PS3, but it's being ported down from a seperate developer (likely Treyarch.)

Just because Ghosts did horrible doesn't really mean all that much when you think about it. Almost every Call of Duty game created to date has been on Nintendo consoles, so I see no reason for them to stop.

Also, he doesn't, and that link isn't legit. Activision hasn't said anything about a Wii U version.

Reactions: Marc
Maybe the site isn't "legit" but it's my favourite Nintendo news site! :) Oh and also, I'm sorry, it's not mentionned that there will be a Wii U version, they just say that Activision confirmed the game will be available on "all supports".

Scratch what I said above (or maybe not), numerous websites are now saying that there will be a Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, coming to the Wii U. I am glad that it is, it is more than capable of handiling a game like that.

Just google: "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Wii U"

Bumping because I have nothing better to do and I'm excited for the multiplayer reveal tomorrow.

So yeah, Advanced Warfare's official website code mentions Wii U. This basically confirms it unless they copied the style sheet off of the Black Ops 2/Ghosts website, and I highly doubt that.

Hmmm, considering that the Wii U version of call of duty ghosts only accounted for 1℅ of the over all sales of the game, I think it might be a safe bet to say that no it won't come to Wii U... :p or not for a while at least!

Activision has just confirmed that Advanced Warfare will not be coming to Wii U. Their focus is PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Like Heart said earlier, Activision was smart to keep supporting Nintendo consoles all of this time, so that fact that they're going to stop supporting them now means they see absolutely no potential in the Wii U (which they did the past two years).

I won't say Wii U is going to fail because it's too far in for that to happen at this point, but this is horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back