Will Game Freak Start Remaking The "Third" Games?

• Thread starter BjFauble
  • Start date
BjFauble

BjFauble

Fighting in a Sack
Banned User
You know, Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, BW2, and so on.

With the announcement of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I've really been thinking/hoping for this. I would LOVE a remake of Pokémon Yellow. There would be so many new elements by the time they make it that it would feel and play extremely differently, which would be a good thing.

We haven't seen a Kanto-only Pokémon title since FRLG, so I think remaking Yellow with XY's engine and extremely upgraded game mechanics would be a huge plus. Maybe we could have the remakes alter by generation?

Gen 6 - Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire
Gen 7 - Yellow Remake
Gen 8 - DP Remakes
Gen 9 - Crystal remake

Just a thought. I just really want to see Kanto in 3D. :panda:

Reactions: 532
I sort of hope not. Although I'm excited for the Ruby/Sapphire remakes, and I'd love to see Crystal in all its 3D glory, there isn't that much point. I do think we'll see FireRed/LeafGreen remakes at some point relatively soon, but I don't think they'll opt for the third games in each respective generation. They never did before, so I see no reason they'd start now.

Plus, I'm too accustomed to playing as a girl now, that it'd be too much of a system shock if I were forced to be Ash again.

Hmm. Well the Pokemon Bank was like a remake of the GCN Pokemon Box, these new games are coming out as a part of the remake tradition. I see it like this:
Gen 6 - Alpha Ruby and Omega Sapphire, Pokemon Battle Revolution 2 (Face Mewtwo, Mega Mewtwos, get surfing Pikachu)
Gen 7 - DS Remakes, Colosseum Remake (Shadow Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf. Fairy types beat Shadow types. Get Cresselia)
Gen 8 - B/W Remakes, B2/W2 Remakes, XD:GoD Remake (Shadow Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus. Get Darkrai)
Gen 9 - X/Y Remakes, All the older games on one console.
Gen 10 - The Last Games. R/B/G/Y Remakes, Pokemon TCG GBC Remakes, Pokemon GCN Last Chapter of Orre, Pokemon Tournament game that works like Showdown (Winner gets all the Legendary Pokemon in the Series including one that's impossible to get anywhere else and is impossible to hack. Like Mew for the last generation).

And basically new Megas would be scattered in each generation.

Fin

I sure hope they do. A remake of Crystal and Emerald would be epic! I loved the originals and they were both very popular games too.

Back