PS Will PS5 be backwards compatible?

• Thread starter scottypops
  • Start date
S

scottypops

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
I couldn't find a thread asking this question, so I figured I would do it here. Lock me out of playing my old games if this is a repeat.

Do you believe the Playstation 5 will be backwards compatible with Playstation 4 games? We all know that the PS3 architecture made things difficult with the PS4, but the hope is that Sony will make it much easier for us to replay our favorites like Bloodborne and God of War without having to release remastered editions of these games.

Sony has however been making bank on basically reselling games like GTAV and TLOU on their current platform and their most recent policies have made me nervous that they won't make up some excuse to do it all again in 2-3 years. We are pretty confident that the new Xbox will be backwards compatible, but can we count on the new Playstation to do the same?

Reactions: AricAttack
I couldn't find a thread asking this question, so I figured I would do it here. Lock me out of playing my old games if this is a repeat.

Do you believe the Playstation 5 will be backwards compatible with Playstation 4 games? We all know that the PS3 architecture made things difficult with the PS4, but the hope is that Sony will make it much easier for us to replay our favorites like Bloodborne and God of War without having to release remastered editions of these games.

Sony has however been making bank on basically reselling games like GTAV and TLOU on their current platform and their most recent policies have made me nervous that they won't make up some excuse to do it all again in 2-3 years. We are pretty confident that the new Xbox will be backwards compatible, but can we count on the new Playstation to do the same?
Nah I doubt it, it will likely have PlayStation now to have backwards compatibility but chances are it will be like the PS4 and not have it :/

I think it probably will. It seems like the ps5 will just be a super ps4 basically. So I think it will be backwards compatible, but it is way to early to tell.

It would be a mistake for it not to be.

Reactions: AricAttack
Back