Will Ryoma/etc be playable later if I let him die before choosing a side? - Fire Emblem Fates

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
So chapter 5 on lunatic + classic is extremely difficult to win while trying to keep everyone alive. I've gotten as far to the leader, the last dragon-slayer and the mage with two backup mages from their reinforcements in the back.

I have Birthright and I'm following that route first.

I have not chosen a side yet (obviously), so if I let Ryoma die/retreat, will I still be able to use him later if that's possible? Also, if I let one of my characters from the Birthright side die/retreat, will I be able to use them again after I choose the Birthright route? I assume it doesn't matter if I choose the Conquest route since Ryoma and company will be enemies (but I only have Birthright and I have no intention of getting Conquest and playing it before).

I'm just curious if they're still playable if they die/retreat before I reach the chapter to choose a side (on classic).

As far as I'm aware there's no consequences for letting anyone die before you choose a side, either way I would just save on a different file just to be safe

Reactions: Marc
Before choosing a path, any fallen units will return in battle on your side. On the Conquest side Xander kept losing to Ryoma a lot but afterwards Xander did return for some future battles (though further late in the game). I also accidentally let Camilla die for me but she returned on Chapter 10 so that's all good as well. (Normal + Classic)

Reactions: Marc
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back