Will the Ice Climbers be in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U?

• Thread starter Onett
  • Start date
Onett

Onett

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
The Ice Climbers are a dual-controlled pair of fighters that made their debut appearance as playable characters in the Super Smash Bros. series in Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo GameCube, and then returned again as playable characters for Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Nintendo Wii.

Now, my question is, will they return for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U? I remember in an interview with IGN and Masahiro Sakurai, where Masahiro Sakurai said he along with his team were having trouble programming characters with "multiple combatants" in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS due to technical limitations. We all know that Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will have the exact same character roster for both versions, so if they do decide to drop the Ice Climbers in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, then they will drop them for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U as well. What do you guys think?

150px-Nana.jpg
150px-Popo.jpg

To be honest, I never liked playing with the Ice-Climbers duo in Super Smash Bros. Brawl their attacks weren't really my favorite, so I have no idea what to expect in the upcoming game, if they are announced I hope their attacks will be edited from previously, they never really interested me so I don't really care if they are in the roster or not. It kinda sucks for the Ice-Climber fans though, so for their sake I hope that Sakurai gets through with the technical issues he has to deal with.

To be honest, I never liked playing with the Ice-Climbers duo in Super Smash Bros. Brawl their attacks weren't really my favorite, so I have no idea what to expect in the upcoming game, if they are announced I hope their attacks will be edited from previously, they never really interested me so I don't really care if they are in the roster or not. It kinda sucks for the Ice-Climber fans though, so for their sake I hope that Sakurai gets through with the technical issues he has to deal with.

It can be a Wii U exclusive and use a 3DS exclusive with a eShop character. They have Dillon and Mallo for example.

They can use Rusty too (it's a 3rd party but it was a hit)

Reactions: Reece
It can be a Wii U exclusive and use a 3DS exclusive with a eShop character. They have Dillon and Mallo for example.

They can use Rusty too (it's a 3rd party but it was a hit)
Masahiro Sakurai says he does not want to do that. He wants Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U to have the EXACT same character roster.

Masahiro Sakurai says he does not want to do that. He wants Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U to have the EXACT same character roster.

I know but if they can't do that, it would be better that solution than put just one of the two climbers.

I sincerely hope we don't see the return of the Ice Climbers. The characters are stale in my opinion, and have long since served their purpose. I'd like to see some new duo characters.

Reactions: Reece
Ice Climbers are somewhat confirmed actually. If you go back to some old articles, Sakurai said that they were having some technical difficulties with the 3DS version with "dual characters" like Ice Climbers being implemented, which means they're already in the Wii U version and are being added to the 3DS at least.

Edit: Didn't read Onett's full post until after I made this comment. But I stand by what I said; they'll probably get (or have gotten) past the technical limitations somehow.

I personally thing Little Mac has replaced the Ice Climbers for he is just as old school but with more realistic types of attacks for a fighting game (even though using that logic means that the Villager should never have came). Or to be more logical it would cause too much lag during multiplayer if the Ice Climbers were playable so therefore they won't be playable.

Ice Climbers are somewhat confirmed actually. If you go back to some old articles, Sakurai said that they were having some technical difficulties with the 3DS version with "dual characters" like Ice Climbers being implemented, which means they're already in the Wii U version and are being added to the 3DS at least.

Edit: Didn't read Onett's full post until after I made this comment. But I stand by what I said; they'll probably get (or have gotten) past the technical limitations somehow.
I know when you made this post Rosalina hasn't been announced. But I think that Rosalina, looks like an Ice-Climbers replacement, with the Luma manipulation, I just hope she isn't that bad as Ice Climbers. I doubt Ice Climbers would be added back in SSB4.

To be honest, yes, the Ice Climbers will return. Or Ice Climber, with only Nana and Bobo being their own character.

Absolutely the polar bear in smash run kind of confirms it.

Absolutely the polar bear in smash run kind of confirms it.
Well then of course that would mean Capt. Falcon and at least Ness are confirmed as well (Mr. Saturn, Franklin Badge, Samurai Goroh). I'm sure they'll all be announced at the same time.

Will probably be an unlockable character, or something... As for my opinion on the Ice Climbers, I never liked them that much, but I do think they should be in the game. So yeah, probably secret characters, just like Captain Falcon and Ness.... probably haha.

I think they should return after being feature in previous games. I fear that Rosalina and Luma might be their replacements, but I also doubt Sakurai would drop them. Maybe they'll be some secret unlock in the game. Only time can tell.

I realized that Only one Ice Climber will be in this game. There will be a Male and Female alternate costumes.

Back