WILL THE LEGEND OF ZELDA ON WII U INTRODUCE MULTIPLAYER?

• Thread starter Goten4
  • Start date
hmm, interesting. It might actually work out if done properly. I think it should have multiplayer, it's a whole new experience and and a nice touch (2 player only). First time for everything? maybe. :p

I think multiplayer is a great addition to most any game. The thought of a co-op, full scale Zelda excites me! The GamePad would probably be put to fantastic use.

I agree multiplayer would be awesome! Like someone could be Link and another person could be one of the other playable people! EEEE!

I hope it would. Like the Mario Galaxy series, one player could be Link and the second player could be the companion of the hero.
BTW, There is already a mod for Zelda: Ocarina of Time that adds a co-op 4 player mode.
Check it out here

I don't know if a fully fleshed multiplayer mode fits with the series. At most, I would like a 2-player co-op multiplayer. You could challenge your friends in mini games and maybe dungeons could have 2 player elements. However, this detracts from the original idea of the game to solve puzzles and conquer dungeons to defeat evil. I really don't have an idea of how multiplayer would work while not being too intrusive.

That is a great idea! Hmm but who would the second player be? Zelda? Or a different colored link. Still very cool though and I can see this idea happening but unfortunately I don't have anyone to play it with me ;~;

It is an interesting subject.. A Zelda game with multiplayer, I'm sure Nintendo has considered it more than once and there is a chance they decided to do it, but we'll see if they did or not later in 2015, I think its a good idea.

I'm sure Nintendo has at least thought of it, but I don't want them to do it. Right now, anyway.

Having co-op be in the game could easily harm the overall experience. Zelda is a SINGLE PLAYER franchise. They don't need to change that now. (Don't bring up Four Swords, that situation is entirely different because the game was designed around multiplayer and wasn't a big entry in the franchise)

Plus, even if they did, I highly doubt Nintendo would make it online multiplayer. So focusing on local multiplayer could severely hurt the game for anyone that doesn't have a vast majority of people to play it with.

Back