Persona Q Will the main Persona games have a shot in Nintendo?

• Thread starter MMMs
  • Start date
MMMs

MMMs

After 2 years, I'm Back!
Towns Folk
My sister got me hooked in Persona lol As far as I know, all Persona games has a great story and my personal favorite would be P3P (Persona 3 Portable in the PSP). Seeing how the content of the games has Blood, Violence, Cursing, etc.; Rated M stuff lol That didn't stop Capcom from releasing a rated M game in the 3DS and apparently it's Ace Attorney 5: Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies which is a long stretch from being a rated M game tbh. Anyways, Nintendo will give more mature gamers another title to pick up lol

What are your thoughts? lol

They might. They release Fatal Frame 5 on the WiiU and those games tend to have a bit of murder, suicide rituals, etc. so it wouldn't be a long stretch if they did release a main Persona game. It depends, though. It would most likely be on a home console as the only handheld Personas I can think of are basically reboots/updates of older console titles.

I don't know. Considering the most recent game was a dancing game (I know best design choice) I don't think they'll Come to Wii u. Unless if the SMT X FE is good enough then maybe it could come to Nintendo? Doubt they'll put effort into those old projects, mostly because they weren't even on Nintendo consoles as well.

Seeing how the content of the games has Blood, Violence, Cursing, etc.; Rated M stuff lol That didn't stop Capcom from releasing a rated M game in the 3DS and apparently it's Ace Attorney 5: Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies which is a long stretch from being a rated M game tbh. Anyways, Nintendo will give more mature gamers another title to pick up lol

Well, M games aren't that rare for Nintendo's consoles. You can even find a nice share of these for the Wii and DS.

They might. They release Fatal Frame 5 on the WiiU and those games tend to have a bit of murder, suicide rituals, etc. so it wouldn't be a long stretch if they did release a main Persona game

In the case of Fatal Frame, it was Nintendo who acquired the exclusive rights for upcoming releases (plus it is from Koei Tecmo, not Atlus)

I don't know. Considering the most recent game was a dancing game (I know best design choice) I don't think they'll Come to Wii u. Unless if the SMT X FE is good enough then maybe it could come to Nintendo? Doubt they'll put effort into those old projects, mostly because they weren't even on Nintendo consoles as well.

I doubt it to be honest, that went from a cross over from a Fire Emblem game made by Atlus... and it is kinda selling poorly on Japan.

=====
I think the only reason Persona Q was on a Nintendo's system is because they found a good opportunity to do the crossover using the Etrian Odyssey engine. So it was just a matter of budget rather than the console target.

I would really like to see a Persona game on a Nintendo console, but to be honest the Nintendo's platform have the main series and spin-offs which is also nice.

Well, M rated games tend to do well fanbase wise on a 3ds, I mean we already have Dual Destines and VLR, and they did fine. So i think the logical thing is to expect the persona for the wiiu and as @ErixSan has already stated, they found a good opportunity to do a crossover using the Etrian Odyssey engine, which in my opinion means the persona games are ready to land and the fans are ready, so it would be a good idea sales wise, and personaly i would like to be able to buy the games that i cannot get due to my limited playstation console coverage (have a PS2, which means basically 2 consoles).

Except persona games belong to Sony now

Every main and spinoff persona game, with the exception of Persona Q for the 3ds, has been released on a Playstation system. The series, sales wise, has done well on Playstation systems. Persona Q saw a chance to use the Etrian Odyssey engine and mechanics, and it was a good idea that worked out well. It really put my map making skills to the test, but I'm getting off topic. This game made a good choice on going to a portable system that more people owned. If SMT x FE does well in the states, then who knows? Maybe Nintendo systems will get another Persona game one day.

Well the SMT is getting games on the 3ds and there was persona Q so there is a good chance we might see more games from persona and SMT hitting the 3ds and other platforms of nintendo . I personally hope that we do get more then what has been put out there so far cause I enjoy the persona and SMT games a good bit.

Back