Will the Secret Characters be in the Game?

• Thread starter MMMs
  • Start date
MMMs

MMMs

After 2 years, I'm Back!
Towns Folk
Well its been a tradition in Super Smash Bros. that the secret characters would appear in each Smash game but I just have a feeling that some of them would get cut off. I would really like Ness and Lucas to be in the game but don't you think that the character roster is a lot already? or will they add more characters in the roster? Will they use the Amiibo for you to unlcok the other characters?

I honestly hope Amiibo isn't a big thing as it would be a PAIN to get get them all! I hope they add easter eggs and secret power ups, etc. as they said they would've on the Wii version. Maybe now with the technology and time, Nintendo adds custom model creations, something like Miis but with whole body customization. Maybe even special voices and custom move sets for self-made characters? Time will tell.

I honestly hope Amiibo isn't a big thing as it would be a PAIN to get get them all! I hope they add easter eggs and secret power ups, etc. as they said they would've on the Wii version. Maybe now with the technology and time, Nintendo adds custom model creations, something like Miis but with whole body customization. Maybe even special voices and custom move sets for self-made characters? Time will tell.

Actually, the Custom model creations are the Miis. And like every game that includes Miis, their voice depends on their Color and Their attacks depends on what kind of Mii Fighter you want your Mii to be. There are 3 kinds of Mii fighters though, Fighter, Shooter and Sword. Fighter Miis specializes Close-range combat. Sword/Weapon Miis tend to be in Mid-range and Shooter Miis in a farther range. Anyways, if Nintendo wants Amiibo to work, they need to lower the prices to a "comfortable level" that Nintendo WiiU owners would appreciate. Since I'm not yet a WiiU owner, I cannot guarantee that I can feel the same as WiiU owners does but I can see the perspective of it.

Reactions: milesose
I don't want amiibo to unlock new characters just because there's currently nothing about them some how working with the 3ds

Amino will work with 3ds there will be this thing that will attach to 3da that let's it use amiibo. I HATE AMIIBO ;(

Is that confirmed or just a thought?

Confirmed. By. Nintendo. :(

Guys sorry but what's Amiboo

Ok thanks new guy and welcome

I think Amiiboo is an absolutely terrible idea. It really has no point and if it is the only way to unlock certain character, that would be a depressing money-grab by Nintendo. It better be a subtle feature rather than something that can impact gameplay because no external peripheral should be able to affect a digital game.

I think Amiiboo is an absolutely terrible idea. It really has no point and if it is the only way to unlock certain character, that would be a depressing money-grab by Nintendo. It better be a subtle feature rather than something that can impact gameplay because no external peripheral should be able to affect a digital game.
The characters are probably unlockable through the game. Here's what the Amiibo (Not Amiiboo) are: http://forum.3dspedia.com/threads/amiibo-wii-u.5830/

Ok, I think there will be secret characters in the roster, most definitely, I don't think it'll be more than two though! On the other hand, I believe Amiibo doesn't unlock anything to the roster, it's not mandatory, it's just a cute little feature, which you could find a lot more fun in SSB with. At the E3 Digital Event, they just explained how the Amiibo character can be a substitute "COM", that saves your custom moves, you can level that character by fighting other players etc.

I have no idea who the secret characters would be, but I'm hoping somehow Professor Layton is in the roster somehow, and probably Shulk? I'm not too sure, but I have a gut feeling that there will be secret characters.

Oh, okay. After doing some research, it looks like it is a way to transfer data from the Wii U version to the 3DS and vice versa. That sounds much better than what I thought it was and it actually seems like a good use of the NFC feature on both consoles.

Back