SwSh Will there be a new Eeveelution in Pokemon Sword/Shield?

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Hey guys, P2 here with another topic-thingy! Well, not so much a topic, more like a hopeful question. :p

Now I'm not a huge Pokemon fan, but there are some Pokemon I do like seeing. Namely the Eeveelutions. <3 They're really cute, and they come and so many different forms! I love em'! ^-^

Now that Sword and Shield is a thing, I was kind of wondering: Do you think there'll be a chance to see a new type of Eeveelution? It'd be great if there was, there's some types that haven't been touched upon yet, except by some fans. Their art looks so official! D:

So, what's your thoughts on it? :eek:

Flareon already exists so eevee is already perfect in my eyes~

Reactions: P2.0
Flareon already exists so eevee is already perfect in my eyes~
Fluffy fire you can cuddle is the best. <3

Reactions: 28142
I'd love a good bulky Poison Eevee. Preferably like Umbreon with the Defense and Sp. Defense base stats switched. I like a lot of them even if I never found most of them useful in battle besides in earlier generations. It seems like they come out with a new one every other generation.

I'd love a good bulky Poison Eevee. Preferably like Umbreon with the Defense and Sp. Defense base stats switched. I like a lot of them even if I never found most of them useful in battle besides in earlier generations. It seems like they come out with a new one every other generation.
Ooh, I'd love to see one of those as well! :eek: A Poison Eevee... Wonder what kind of name could it be called? Maybe Veneon? Toxeon? The possibilities are endless~ X3

Yeah, I noticed not a lot of people use them for fights. Are they not suited for battle?

Ooh, I'd love to see one of those as well! :eek: A Poison Eevee... Wonder what kind of name could it be called? Maybe Veneon? Toxeon? The possibilities are endless~ X3

Yeah, I noticed not a lot of people use them for fights. Are they not suited for battle?
Well, their stats are a part of it. The first three have terrible defense. Espeon and Umbreon are average even with good stats and abilities/moves. The way their stats are set up each one has 3 lacking ones in different spreads. Jolteon and Espeon are offensive and Umbreon is the mort defensive one. Sylveon is just up there because of the typing/healing options but not the best otherwise.

While I think it would be a cool idea to happen I'm kinda leaning too no.

Yes they've added eeveelutions in the past but I feel like they had a specific reason for them each time. Since this is more fun than doing homework I might as well go over them:

Gen 2:
Umbreon - put in to help shoehorn in the new dark typing.
Espeon - I feel like espeon was added for 3 reasons. The first one is to expand on the catalog of eeveelutions. The second is to show that psychic types are not nearly as broken as they are in gen1. The third reason plays into the 2nd one as it is show that dark types are a good counter to psychic types by having umbreon be the other new eeveelution.

Gen 4:

Glacion and Leafeon were really just put in to expand the library of eeveelutions. While I think the ice type is an interesting one to choose Leafeon was inevitable as now it completes the starter type trio.

Gen 6:

The only reason sylveon exists is to help shoehorn in the fairy type.

I feel like there are enough eeveelutions that now there is not as big a need to better expand the eeveelution line and there does not seem to be a new type coming to sw/sh.

Also let's be real, I feel like a lot of the types left would look stupid on an eevee. The only one I could see being really cool is a ghost type. I mean I suppose they could have a steel type that looks like that shield dude where he is just covered in steel and has a bunch of armor. Maybe they could do rock where it's just made out of a bunch rocks, but to me these ideas seem kinda meh at best. As for poison, I'm sorry but I don't wanna see a pile of sludge in the shape of an eeveelution. So yeah unless they pull some really cool idea out of nowhere for an eeveelution I'm leaning towards no.

I thought I've seen speculation about a dragon type, I don't know if that was already debunked. My hopes is for a ghost typing since that is my personal favorite type and I think there is a lot of good potential when it comes to a good design for it! Although I think a bug type who be neat to but I think that one is the definitely least likely. I really would like a new evolution but something tells me they won't do one, but here is to hoping!

Honestly? I'm not so sure. Sure, it's an even-numbered Gen, so it should be a guarantee, but then again, no word about a possible Eeveelution has been made. And with five to six more days left for Sword and Shield's release, then it'll either be a surprise or not, depending on the news over the next few days.

lol have you looked at the leaks at all? I mean the pokemon that are in the game have been well known for a week now. Now I have not seen a lot of them but I think there would be a lot of buzz if there was a new eeveelution. So yeah I really don't think there is any discussion over this. It really doesn't seem like there's gonna be a new eeveelution

I think we were supposed to be satisfied with dynamax Eevee this gen.

Back