Will you be getting Xenoblade Chronicles 3D?

• Thread starter 8BitMasterSword
  • Start date
8BitMasterSword

8BitMasterSword

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
The masterful RPG released for the Wii, Xenoblade Chronicles, has been ported to the New 3DS and will release in a couple of short hours. Will you be picking it up? If so, are you picking it up because you loved the Wii version, or because you heard of it's success and want to experience it for the first time?

Perhaps not now but later when I get the New 3ds XL then I will totally get the game . I personally have never been more excited for a RPG game before ( other than Pokemon ) so I am really excited for the game . The game just looks so fantastic so someday I will get the game :D

i'll definitely try to get the game as soon as i get a new 3ds xl. i even still have the wii version! speaking of which, i'm gonna go break metal face's metal face right now :cat:

I've never played Xenoblade Chronicles before, and it looks really good, so I'd like to buy it... but I don't have a New Nintendo 3DS,. If only I could still get the Majora's Mask New 3DS...

Probably not maybe after I get ssb4 or maybe/possibly even ssb5 :eek: , the new Pokemon game coming out in 2+ years, Fantasy Life (Maybe), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to infinetity (maybe) and Monster hunter 4 (maybe)

I already own it on the Wii so probably not :p However, I highly recommend everyone who gets a N3DS to grab this. It's such a massive world that isn't normally seen on any Nintendo IPs and the characters, story, quotes, gameplay, etc are just incredibly memorable.

Honestly, no. As I said in the Shoutbox a few days ago, it's just a smoke screen to help the N3DS sell, and plus, the port looks terrible, and Kotaku (implicitly) said that it could have been better.

And to agree with them on that point, on the Wii version (which looked way better), since you played on a bigger screen, you really felt like in a vast, beautiful and majestic open-world, and that is a feeling that, sadly, the N3DS port doesn't have. The N3DS's resolution is too small to give you the same impression and give you the same immersion the Wii version had.

It feels wrong to me to say it, because I absolutely loved XC on the Wii, but XC3D isn't worth the money. It's a bad port of a fabulous game that Nintendo teased just with the ambition of 'stabbing' the regular 3DS base by saying "See? We have a port of a gem of the Wii! But you guys won't be getting it unless if you're willing to pay your console another time!".

So, if I have a tip to give to regular 3DS users who want to play XC, if they have a Wii(U) : Don't get fooled. Get a cheap copy, though they're scarce and overpriced most of the time. It'll be cheaper than spending €200/$200/£180 just to get the 'meh portage' version, and you'll end up really enjoying the Wii version. Otherwise, wait for a potential WiiU VC port, if that happens.

Reactions: Knight
I already have it, actually.

And it's literally been one of the most enjoyable things I've played in ages, no regrets.

They say that if you've already played it on Wii, then it's not necessary to get it for the N3DS. But for me that wasn't really aware that such game exists, I guess I'll give it a shot. I loved how @D4rkDragon used the term 'smoke screen' for it. In Japan (I've been there last week), most JR lines (their local trains) have a Xenoblade 3D advertisement. Nintendo really used the game for people to buy the console, not for the exact gaming experienced offered in the Wii version. I guess they did try it out, but it turns out it's a lesser version of the original.

They say that if you've already played it on Wii, then it's not necessary to get it for the N3DS. But for me that wasn't really aware that such game exists, I guess I'll give it a shot. I loved how @D4rkDragon used the term 'smoke screen' for it. In Japan (I've been there last week), most JR lines (their local trains) have a Xenoblade 3D advertisement. Nintendo really used the game for people to buy the console, not for the exact gaming experienced offered in the Wii version. I guess they did try it out, but it turns out it's a lesser version of the original.

Yep, as I said, it's more of a marketing argument than a portage/remake. And if it's the case, then, the studio behind it (let's face it, it's not Monolith Soft) really failed at porting it on a better hardware. (Let's face it, hardware-wise, N3DS > Wii).

Reactions: faustine
If you want to play Xenoblade Chronicles, just rent it from Gamefly, I have no idea if there's a "Keep" option available once you've rented it, but it's cheap alternative if you don't want to pay 80+ dollars for a used copy.

I unfortunately I will not be getting Xenoblade Chronicles because I don't have a gosh darn "New" 3DS even though the only real changes are the placement of the game "cartridge" (is it called a cartridge?) and the new camera button. I would love if they ported it to the original first model of the 3DS because that's the one I have. The 3DS model that first came out before 3DS XL and 2DS. I'm deeply saddened by the fact that Xenoblade Chronicles will only be for the New 3DS unless it gets ported or something.

I do not think I will get Xenoblade Chronicles :(. I might later in the year, but not now, as I do not have NEARLY enough money to buy a New Nintendo 3DS XL, let alone a full price Nintendo 3DS Game. Although I must admit, the game looks amazing, especially on the New Nintendo 3DS XL, I really wish to get it, but unfortunately for me I cannot nearly afford either the console or game. :cry:

I probably won't get it soon. I already have many games to play before this one, and I think I'll wait for the hype to be over and will get it used and cheap somewhere.

I'll likely get it when I get a New 3DS later on. After seeing Chuggaaconroy's Let's Play of it I'm very interested in playing it myself and exploring that huge world with the added portability of the New 3DS version.

Back