Windows 10 Tech Preview

• Thread starter Megalegacy98
  • Start date
Megalegacy98

Megalegacy98

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
If you don't know what this is, basically it is a beta of Windows 10 that Microsoft is giving to the public for testing purposes. More info here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview

So, have any of you tried this yet and if you did what do you think? I'm putting this on a virtual machine so when I finish installing I will tell you guys about it. :D

I'm currently on Windows 7 (probably won't be upgrading, especially since I love this) but Windows 10 looks pretty cool!

I have tried it out, and personally, i find it to eb great and boring at the same time. The great part is that it is faster in processing stuff that require calculating power, like calculating the first trillion digits of Pi. But maybe that's because my PC runs on a 64-bit Windows 7.
The boring part is that it feels a lot like Windows 8 when using it, and other than a few performance upgrades and a few GUI tweaks here and there, it doesn't seem like it offers much over it's predecessor.

It looks like a stupid mix of Windows 7 + 8. I prefer Windows 7, and hate this whole "square tablet" thing going on with 8, to be honest. I'll stick with 7 unless 10 turns out to really be that good.

(and they skipped number 9 for some reason.)

Back