• Thread starter Catstew
  • Start date

What do you think about Windows 8?

• Total voters
Catstew

Catstew

Pedia Mastermind
Towns Folk
What do you think about Windows 8.1? What are your opinions about the changes they made? :)

I don't like anything about 8. 8.1 is going to be a decent turn from the original 8, though.

I just waiting Microsoft finish Win 8 before upgrade :p

What will be the difference between Windows 8 and Windows 8.1? I got used to Windows 8 after a while, but Windows 7 was a lot simpler. The app concepts on a computer is questionable.

What will be the difference between Windows 8 and Windows 8.1? I got used to Windows 8 after a while, but Windows 7 was a lot simpler. The app concepts on a computer is questionable.

Win8 = Win7 + Android

Reactions: milesose
I still have Windows 7, so I don't even know much about Windows 8/8.1. I really need a newer computer..

I still have Windows 7, so I don't even know much about Windows 8/8.1. I really need a newer computer..
It's really bad, unless you enjoy using smartphone UIs with a mouse and keyboard input system.

It's really bad, unless you enjoy using smartphone UIs with a mouse and keyboard input system.

But if you enter on desktop, it's Win7 without the glorious bar.

They think they gotta change it every few years

Yeah most people say it's not good.. I guess I'm sticking with 7 then.

Yeah most people say it's not good.. I guess I'm sticking with 7 then.

Well, the only good thing about Win 8, it's more fast and optimized.

Well, the only good thing about Win 8, it's more fast and optimized.
Fast and optimized for native in some aspects. There are less colors, but aside from that...nothing big. Microsoft's "Windows Runtime" (not WinRT or Windows on ARM) is terrible on performance.

I'm disappointed with it. It has so many changes (like no start screen) and it's a little hard to get used to. I'm never gonna get a Windows 8 computer. 7 is where it's at. xD

It's ok... I have been having a few problems with it. There are also too many multi tasking gestures I often accedeintle do something that pulls up a new page or takes me back to the home screen

I don't have that much problem with mine. And you don't get that Metro interface on Win8.1 Update 1, so I'm satisfied.
But they could have left a proper Start Menu, and not that mess of tiles.

In the overall, it's ok.

If you need to play games, 8.1U1 is also as good as 7. But after, it depends on your configuration and which version of DirectX you have, as well as which version of OpenGL your graphic card supports.

I have pretty high-end hardware on Win 8. The only reason I bought Win 8 was because Win 7 would constantly 'lag' for me, so I had to use Ubuntu, which could do only half the things I'd need to do on a daily basis. If you don't have a touch input device, Windows 8 is not recommended.

I have pretty high-end hardware on Win 8. The only reason I bought Win 8 was because Win 7 would constantly 'lag' for me, so I had to use Ubuntu, which could do only half the things I'd need to do on a daily basis. If you don't have a touch input device, Windows 8 is not recommended.

Well, I use it with my keyboard and the touch pad of my laptop, never got any problem with it.. as for the Win7 "lag", my mother's laptop's starting to have the same problem.
As for Ubuntu, I only use for when I want to do some programming. Windows 8 is still my main OS on my laptop, for Internet and gaming. But if only we could remove the password when the computer leave the standby mode...

Well, I use it with my keyboard and the touch pad of my laptop, never got any problem with it.. as for the Win7 "lag", my mother's laptop's starting to have the same problem.
As for Ubuntu, I only use for when I want to do some programming. Windows 8 is still my main OS on my laptop, for Internet and gaming. But if only we could remove the password when the computer leave the standby mode...
I find the auto hibernate feature annoying, as I can't turn it off :(

Windows 8 is a great os talking by this moment my computer have Windows 8 installed in it and it's running fast as hell it's cool but doesn't have enough app yet in the app shop

Back