Windows Movie Maker Can't Start - What to do to fix it?

• Thread starter Jack
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack

Jack

♪ I think I'll try defying gravity ♪
Towns Folk
I'm not very good with technology so hopefully somebody here will be able to help me out >.<

I recently tried installing Windows Movie Maker on my computer. Unfortunately, when I tried opening the program, I got this message:

gBXveaV.png

I looked up the requirements for Movie Maker, and they are as follows:

9UmgXy9.png

Now, I don't have the best computer in the world, but I did check its settings, and everything seems to meet the system requirements.

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor: 2.6 GHz with SSE2 Support
Memory: 4 GB
Resolution: 1280 x 1024
Internet connection: I think I have it? (I wouldn't be able to be on this website without it, right?)
Graphics card: DirectX 11 and Shader Model 5.0

So unless I'm just being really dumb, I should be able to run Movie Maker. Does anyone know what could be wrong and what I can do to fix it?

I'm not very good with technology so hopefully somebody here will be able to help me out >.<

I recently tried installing Windows Movie Maker on my computer. Unfortunately, when I tried opening the program, I got this message:

gBXveaV.png

I looked up the requirements for Movie Maker, and they are as follows:

9UmgXy9.png

Now, I don't have the best computer in the world, but I did check its settings, and everything seems to meet the system requirements.

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor: 2.6 GHz with SSE2 Support
Memory: 4 GB
Resolution: 1280 x 1024
Internet connection: I think I have it? (I wouldn't be able to be on this website without it, right?)
Graphics card: DirectX 11 and Shader Model 5.0

So unless I'm just being really dumb, I should be able to run Movie Maker. Does anyone know what could be wrong and what I can do to fix it?

It doesn't come from your computer but from the application itself. If you can, trying uninstalling it and reinstall it.
Otherwise, try to find an alternative to it. I'm sure they are plenty of free alternative (this may help) to it.

I would just like to say that after several days I was finally able to open and run Windows Movie Maker on my computer. I had tried downloading any applicable updates that I thought would help run the program, but it said my computer was up to date. Turns out there were actually several hidden updates waiting to be installed. I downloaded and installed all of them and now I can run the program. A mod can close this thread, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back