Wired Fight Pad for Wii U (SSB4 Accessory)

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

PDP (Performance Designed Products) a foremost third party manufacturer, especially for Nintendo's video game consoles has announced that they have partnered with Nintendo to release a line of controllers inspired by the very original Gamecube controller to compliment Super Smash Bros (Wii U), it is said to release around the same time as SSB Wii U launch.

"The new line of controllers are wired and plug directly into the Wii Remote External Extension Connector. The Wired Fight Pad for Wii U will also feature iconic Nintendo characters and will retail for $24.99."

But this isn't the first time Nintendo has partnered with PDP, for Super Smash Bros. Brawl PDP released a "Versus Pad":
original.jpg

So, let me know what you think, do you think it will be the same/or similar in features as the Versus Pad, and will you be getting this accessory (at $25) to aid you in your HD Smash battles, let me know!

Before i make any choice on weither im buying, i want a pic. i perfectly happy with my gamepad for next smash.

As long as it's like a Gamecube controller with the all-important c-stick/second analog stick, I'm fine. It better not look like the above "Versus Pad".

Sounds interesting but that versus pad looks like it's really uncomfortable to play with and the button layout doesn't look very good the overall design doesn't look good I hope the new one is better for anyone who is planning on buying the game on wii u

Besides this pad do you think the 3DS could be used as an alternate controller? I hope so. It would be awesome since it could work as an extra screen for stats on the 3DS (maybe like the gamepad if you can play using it). It could be a free app download/ download play sort of thing. And after all you'd lose all your smash experience if you switched from the Wii U to the 3DS without using the 3DS for both.

Besides this pad do you think the 3DS could be used as an alternate controller? I hope so.
I was hoping the other way around. You'd be able to use controllers like the Gamdepad or the Pro Controller on the 3DS version.
After playing Kirby Fighters a couple of times, I realized that I don't really like using the 3DS as a controller to fight.

At today's E3 event, the new PDP controllers have been spotted!
ogmj8qlwzosjwsvl3u4d.jpg

idf0bqxlk3ljcj0knvar.jpg

f93igc551nqadukyuxt1.jpg
ebdflzxnkkxbwzur37bm.jpg

ckjluqixxnibq4kazvfy.jpg

Let me know what you think, I dislike the glossy finish to be honest, but it looks really good, not sure if that's the lighting?

The first one that you showed us looked really weird, I didn't know what to say and it looked terrible, the new controllers that you showed us look a lot better and a lot more likely to sell, I don't think I'll be buying one but that Toad Wii Remote catches my attention.

This is interesting

They look a lot like gamecube controllers, and I absolutely love the design of the Gamecube controller. I would pick this up for the Wii U if it is compatible with other games, if I had one. :oops:

I agree it's very pretty

Very neat. Definitely for "intense play". Not sure why we need an L1/L2/R1/R2 but I'm sure they have a purpose besides more inputs. Wonder if they'll be fingerprint magnets.

Back