Wireless or wired?

• Thread starter The Governor
  • Start date
The Governor

The Governor

Mandalorian
Towns Folk
Which do you prefer, wired or wireless electronics?

I love wireless, and use a wireless mouse. The biggest problem is how much money is spent on batteries.

Wireless. You have less trouble than with wired things (such as having a careless brother pass by and break things), and I'm also using a wireless mouse for my laptop.

The biggest problem is how much money is spent on batteries.
Ditto to that. I use my wireless mouse mostly at home so I don't mind having a wired one. It wouldn't get tangled up or anything because it'll stay on my desk. Plus I get annoyed when the battery runs out during a game of Call of Duty. The only reason why I don't have a wired one at the moment is because I haven't seen a good one around stores where I live.

I prefer wireless controllers for consoles, because the wires don't get twisted and break and render the controller useless. Batteries may run out but it's better for peace of mind. :p

I have a wired mouse though, and I don't really think wireless mouses are superior because it's not like I'm five metres away from my laptop when I'm using it :p

Huh i use a the two of them because my modem is connected to my laptop at the same time my phone is connected to my phone so i don't have anything against those two

I tend to go with Wired PCs, but I'm gonna get a Wireless PC, Mouse and Keyboard. That said though, I do have back-up wired peripherals, just in case.

Wireless. Wires can get in the way and are just plain annoying. As for the batteries, use some rechargeables. ;)

I prefer wireless since I sometimes i trip over cords and they get all tangled up and becomes a clump. Wireless controller never really gave me any trouble yet so yea

Wireless things require batteries or charging. When I played Brawl with the Wiimote (sideways) the movements weren't accurate enough for me (that or it might be the Wiimote's problem). If you see competitive (Smash) players they used wired controllers (or they never heard of Wavebird). I'm fine with things either way but unraveling a cord is cheaper than batteries.

Wired is nice since you usually dont need to change batteries or charge, but some items I don't mind being wireless if they have long lasting battery life or they are something I can charge over night no problem.

I use wired monitors, mice and keyboards, while I try to make my PS3 controller, Wiimote, phone and headphone set either Bluetooth or wi-fi. I have one of 'em fancy Bluetooth-Wi-fi dongles.

I use a wireless mouse, and I really prefer wireless. Saves the hassle of untangling wires. I don't have a problem with the batteries, as wireless devices nowadays have really long battery life.

It's a mix of both for me. I like wireless mouses because you don't ever have to readjust tension in the cable or lift something off a wire. I also like a wireless keyboard since you can put it on your lap or off to the side when you want to. For internet connections, I prefer wired if I have a good wire. My Ethernet wire though is missing a pin so it doesn't lock in place. This is annoying because my wireless connection might disconnect/reconfigure if the cable wiggles and gets loose. Wireless is a pretty solid technology for the most part and is going to be an integral part of future communication.

I like both but if I had to choose I'd pick wireless.

Wireless controllers are definitely better than wired for me because both my Playstation 4 and Wii U have USB chargers that can plug right into the system, so I never have to worry about the battery dying.

Wired mouses are definitely better than wireless mouses, though (for desktops).

Back