Working on a book!!! Would Like creative ideas

• Thread starter mchristiansen
  • Start date
mchristiansen

mchristiansen

Mastyvt Dragneel
Towns Folk
Hey everyone, it's me mchristiansen. I'm gonna start writing again and I want to write a book. So what I would like from all of you is if you have any awesome ideas or creative suggestions for a book you would like to read, well post them here. It could be something as simple as Character names to something as complicated as what the overall plot would be. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

First off good luck on your book! Second, if you need any characters I have a suggestion on how to create some.

When I made my characters I went based off of myself, taking each personality trait and my good and bad qualities and just created an individual off that.

With names that's a bit more of a challenge. I know that the best advice I could give is looking up name meanings and matching one that best describes the character. (One of my characters when nameless for three years).

Reactions: Mikaya
@Jeff The Killer That is actually pretty good advice. I thought about maybe doing the characters based off of my friends. Now that I think about it though , I know myself better than I know my friends so I could give more depth to their characteristics and their personalities. Names have been rough for me too I try to find names that I think are cool and come up with like a mash up of those names kind of. Thank you BTW I hope I do pretty good. I might end up posting Chapter by Chapter in the blog to get feedback if its okay with Marc and the other forum Management.

Reactions: Jeff The Killer
You're welcome I'm glad I was able to help :D, and I think Marc would be cool with it, I know that I seen some stories in the blog area. I look forward to reading it :)

Thank for the confidence booster :) and ill message Marc about it just to make sure.

Getting it published?

I am seriously considering having it published. @Doctor Strange I have been writing short stories and small books since I was 10 or 11. My English teacher that I had in 11th grade told me I could be a writer after she confiscated what she thought was notes to other people lol. She was really mean, in hindsight.

I am seriously considering having it published. @Doctor Strange I have been writing short stories and small books since I was 10 or 11. My English teacher that I had in 11th grade told me I could be a writer after she confiscated what she thought was notes to other people lol. She was really mean, in hindsight.
Hey mchristiansen goodluck on your book! I'm also making one but its more or a guide, If you do get it published I'll read it!

Reactions: mchristiansen
Hey mchristiansen goodluck on your book! I'm also making one but its more or a guide, If you do get it published I'll read it!
Thanks that does mean a lot to me. I'll have to juggle writing along with everything else I have going on right now.

When i write i do it in the early morning before school and a half hour before i go to sleep at night. If this helps let me know.

That's actually a grand Idea I like it. I am gonna start on that probably this weekend. I'm pretty swamped with college during the week

Well, i feel you should have a main character that's... unnatural. Like older maybe, when everyone thinks "he is just some old geezer" and he does amazing things with his life, or joins the FBI for all i care.

Good Luck, there are any random name generators out there. The one I use (behindthename.com) will tell you the meaning of the name as well.

There is something I think would be fun to read, though something you likely couldn't get published. But if your just writing it for fun, I think something nice would be a human version of the Pixar Movie Wall-E. I always love that movie because of the relationship between Eve and Wall-E and always wanted to see how it would change or be the same if they were humans instead of robots.

Back