World's End Club coming to switch in May 2021

• Thread starter 28142
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk

So this game I've been hyped for since like, 2018? This was one of the projects mentioned at the Too Kyo debut event.

So y'all know Uchikoshi from Zero Escape, AI the somnium files and y'all know Kodaka from Danganronpa. So this is their baby pretty much. Kodaka and Uchikoshi had a trip to Kyoto back a few years ago, that they jokingly thought felt like a long death march, Kodaka joked about a killing game with a premise around a death march. One thing lead to another and Death March Club was born.

During 2019, communications on the socials for the game cut off, no more news happened for like a year. September 2020 new news happened suddenly, the game was to have a new name (World's End Club), launched about 70% of the game on apple arcade and ends on a cliffhanger, then release on switch at a later date. No one knows what the hell happened, but something did that's for sure. So you can imagine our surprise when this game was announced in the direct, certainly wasn't expected.

Couple notes, a physical switch version was under consideration back in september, total playtime was marked at 10 hours according to Uchikoshi but unsure if that was in regards to the shortened Apple version or the complete version, the genre of the game is Puzzle Action-Adventure (seen a couple people wondering about that) and I highly suggest taking a look at the teaser trailer I also posted above to get more of a feel for the game. Kodaka also might be making this his last killing game type thing, Uchikoshi convinced him to make one last one with him though.

I'll be getting this one for sure, I adore AI, I adore danganronpa, I adore zero escape, I adore Death Come True (Too Kyo's other game that's also on switch), so there's no chance I'm not gonna adore this one as well.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/z3e...d-club-are-funny-weird-and-possibly-kidnapped I also highly suggest reading this interview. It's just perfect haha

Reactions: Jisenku, phofufury and Marc
Well, I know what "someone" is getting:

Euh3d6lVkAMTHZM

Reactions: Jisenku, phofufury and 28142
Well, I know what "someone" is getting:

Euh3d6lVkAMTHZM

Naturally, Tesa needs a friend afterall.
IMG_20210218_183911.jpg
also enamel pin :love:

Reactions: Jisenku, Gram, Marc and 1 other person
AI Somnium Files is a favorite of mine, as is the Danganronpa series. This has a completely different feel to it in look and gameplay, so it remains to be seen if this dream team can make something that lives up to their individual works.

The trailer and mobile reviews don’t describe it well enough for me, but frankly I don’t want to dig too deep and spoil the game either. So I’m cautiously optimistic about it considering its pedigree.

Reactions: Jisenku and 28142
Originally though this had to do with "The world ends with you". But turns out that they just have similar titles. This looks like a game with a good plot. I didn't know it was the same creator as "Zero escape". And it's available on apple arcade? Gonna check out gameplay later. It looks nice. I look forward to the switch release.

Reactions: 28142
And it's available on apple arcade?

Not all of it, just the first 70% of the game.

Reactions: Deepak
the first time i heard of this game was back from the nintendo direct of last month.
the direct where pyra and mythra was announced at start of direct.
i saw the trailer for it and liked art style a lot it remind me of danganronpa.
while i have not played any danganronpa games , i liked their music , character designs , characters and voice actors both english amd japanese.
while im unsure if i will play this game as mystery type games i am not all that into andnusually not play , i would give this a chance if a opportunity for me to afford this game arrises.
it does sound like a fun adventure game.

Someone I used to know was a big fan of Danganronpa and Zero Escape so I imagine they'd enjoy this, if they haven't already heard of it... they probably have. I played a little of Zero Escape but absolutely none of Danganronpa so I don't know whether this would be interesting. The puzzles were fun, but I find stories of kids killing eachother to be more well suited for books and films instead of videogames.

Isn't this already on Steam and this is just a Switch port? Maybe she's already played it. Either way, I didn't have to endure her lectures on how much of a masterpiece World's End Club was back then, so maybe not. Maybe she hadn't even heard of it. Either way, I'll see if anything like this comes up again, but if the cutscenes are as long and annoying as Zero Escape, it won't be a priority for me. I value gameplay over story by far.

there is likely people who would double dip on this game and would quirtic and analize it to give more info than pst videos for this game on steam and prior released.
that may help people decide if they want to play it or not.
hoping that this game is not too big of a battery drain on the switch , while it does not look like it could be.
but there is always chances that a game could be a battery hog.
n maybe hidden surpise of added content in switch version? could just be a port eith same content as older version but one can never know for sure.
the game could be mix of story and game play.
it might have long scenes or short ones.
changes could be made for switch version but that is a variable not known until after release

Back