Worst anime/manga remake?

• Thread starter saltypepper
  • Start date
saltypepper

saltypepper

asian dude
Towns Folk
If there was an anime that got a remake or similar but was incredibly bad, you can share it here.
Like Clannad After Story, The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki or similar

I did watch a very cringeworthy anime, Negima. Boy, that was hard. And then they made another cringeworthy anime remake about Negima.

First of all, the characters are for some reason obsessed with this Chupacabra thing. During the first half of the show you are most likely going to see something related to that.

The events can also pretty confusing, and the characters feel really dumbed down. Example:
Negi uses magic but one girl spots her and Negi is like "OH CRAP I SCREWED UP".

But then she forgets it later, and does not acknowledge it until the second time this happens. How would you forget.

But Negima in general was a cringeworthy anime, so what did I expect?

I'm not really sure what you mean by remake because to my knowledge, Clannad afterstory was a sequel, one I have never finished because I was spoiled :(. I can say that Negima was very cringe-worthy though.

*Cocks gun* Did you just call Clannad Afterstory an incredibly bad... REMAKE?
Clannad/Clannad afterstory is my favourite anime but obviously there are lots of people who don't like it, I understand but Clannad Afterstory is NOT a remake, it's a sequel to Clannad.
That's all I wanted to say... I have not seen any remade anime or anything.

FMA brotherhood was awful tbh..
jk
probably dbz evolution

I hate the Rebuild of Evangelion movies, but only because they're nothing like the original. The movies are actually pretty good.
Also, what about good anime remakes? Personally I really like Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040.

I don't really like the Sailor Moon remake...it doesn't have that same feeling like the original...

I don't think I've really watched/read remakes. Now I have heard that they butchered Tokyo Ghoul with the anime. I've read, but have not finished the manga yet...and I was told that they had cut out SO many important bits from the manga, in the anime. As well as a huge important pivotal point and I just don't know if I even wanna see the anime now.

I don't really like the Sailor Moon remake...it doesn't have that same feeling like the original...
I don't really know if that counts as a remake or not. The original story was in the manga, and Sailor Moon Crystal followed that story. Sailor Moon, on the other hand, just took elements from the manga and created... Something, I guess. I like both SM and SMC, but I hate those noodle legs in SMC ;~;

sailor moon crystal, the art style makes me cringe and i fan of the original and watching this new one just isn't the same

Back