Worst Film Cut

• Thread starter 4362
  • Start date

Yaaaaaaaadooooooooooon
Towns Folk
What is the worst cutted version of a film in your opinion?

For me,its a head to head race between the FSK 16 cut of Evil Dead and a later cut of Metropolis

With Evil Dead,the film is conterverisal in my Country for some reason,so all unuct Version get indexed(Ironically,the uncut Version has a 12+ Rating in France)(Indexed=Possesion of the film is legal,selling the Film is illegal)
To explain it short:This version has 12 minutes of the Footage Missing

With Metropolis,its different story
Back to the time of its first Airing,people didnt really like it,so alternative Cuts were made
The notably worst Version is the "Horror Cut"(Also knows as Moroder Version),that was supposed to be a Frankenstein's Monster style Film.
Due to the film being forced on a Story that it isnt,alot of the scenes in the "Horror Cut" made no sense.
The "Horror cut" of Metropolis tops the record the censored Evil Dead holds,with more than 1 Hour! of missing material.The "Horror Cut" was also the only version of Metropolis avaible,before some parts of the orignal tapes(or what you call it with Films)were found in in 2001(The film's first airing was in 1927!)The most complete version was restored from Tapes found in Argentinia in 2010.

Sourcse:
Schnittberichte.com(a german film cut database)
Wikipedia.org
imdb.com

For me it's in Thor the Dark World and Avengers

The scene they cut in TDW is after Loki and Freya finish their conversation about his actions and being his mom and what not. The scene that was taken out explains why Loki acts the way he does and who taught him magic (though it's obvious).

In Avengers the scene cut is Loki snapping out of his mind controlled state during the invasion which explains why his eyes go from blue back to their normal green color.

Back