Support Needed Would 3DS games from Dubai work on a US region 3DS?

• Thread starter CJ
  • Start date
CJ

CJ

You not gon' ge me!
Towns Folk
So I am wanting to purchase pokemon omega ruby from Dubai, however, i am confused if it will work or not. My NNID and my 3ds country are both set to US and if I buy Omega ruby from dubai, will it work on my 3ds?

It should work; Dubai sells US-region games, according to a support thread on Nintendo's website.

http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/118133

And this is from Nintendo's own website, to help you make sure which region it is:

What to Do:
  • Check the back or side panel of the Game Pack packaging for the following sentence: "FOR SALE, RENTAL AND USE ONLY IN THE USA, CANADA, MEXICO AND LATIN AMERICA"
    • If any other listing is displayed, this indicates the product was made for another region, and will not work with a system made for North America.
  • Nintendo 3DS Games Only: Check the code printed on the cartridge label. If the code does not end in "USA," then it is a foreign product.
    • Example of a US title: "LNA-CTR-AWZE-USA"
    • [/QUOTE

I think Dubai games work in US 3DS. It is Asian region, so it's technically the same one with US one. You should check if it's Asian or not.

Asian region games do not contain Club Nintendo Coin, anyway.

I think that they should be working , I have a friend in Dubai and he says that he buys the US games from his local shop from the place . So I guess it should be working . You can always do some research on familiar problems in google because I think there should be some threads about it . You can always ask Nintendo too

Yes, they would work on a US-Region 3DS. I lived in Dubai for 13 years, so I know about this.
I have one of those promotion booklets from Sharaf DG, and it states that Dubai sells NTSC-region 3DS's, which are technically US-region ones.
If that's the case, then all North American games as well as games from Dubai should work.
However, consoles like Wii are PAL region, which is Europe, so they won't work.

Back