AC:NH Would marriage work out in Animal Crossing: New Horizons?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Do you feel like marriage would work out in Animal Crossing: New Horizons? :redpanda:

It could be similar to Stardew Valley or another game that makes it work. After knowing your villager for a while, you can choose to marry them or another player if you use online play.

Do you see Nintendo ever doing it? Or do you hope they include it in a future Animal Crossing title?

Reactions: Kamehameha
If it had any significance, maybe. Like maybe there's a thing only couples could do that regular players can't? Like an event, or maybe there's item you can harvest once a week.

That's just my two cents. o/

Reactions: xNo1Hatedx and Kamehameha
If there where more human NPCs probably, I myself don't really like the idea of being a human that marries an anthro animal :/

I feel like it could work though tbh gameplay-wise. Would help with chaining villagers to their houses convincing your favourite villagers to stay all the time as well.

Reactions: Kamehameha
Do you feel like marriage would work out in Animal Crossing: New Horizons? :redpanda:

It could be similar to Stardew Valley or another game that makes it work. After knowing your villager for a while, you can choose to marry them or another player if you use online play.

Do you see Nintendo ever doing it? Or do you hope they include it in a future Animal Crossing title?
YESSSSSSS YESSSSS I WANT TO MARRY ISABELLE (if she in the game)

YESSSSSSS YESSSSS I WANT TO MARRY ISABELLE (if she in the game)
I don't think she'd be one of the characters you'd be able to marry.

Reactions: 28142
Arranging them between villagers of the same animal type would be fun. Doubt it would happen to your character though. You got to do all the hard work of paying your debt.

It would be an interesting mechanic. I’m sure there’s people interested in marrying their favorites, but I don’t know if Nintendo is willing to take things to that next step. I feel like their aesthetic with this game is “cute”, and I don’t think marriage fits into that. For that matter, I’m not sure if it fits into any of their games. Is any Nintendo character married?

Reactions: Mizunil
Well if it’s like what portal knights did & it’s like a temp play mechanic it may be interesting to see done, but weird at the same time, I wouldn’t expect the game to get that deep, though they seem to have added a hunger Energy system in this new game so in a way so you never know could be interesting.

PETA would like a word with you.

Nah, but seriously it would be interesting. I think it would probably work out better if marriage was between villagers, though, and not between player and villager. It also could be cool to be able to “marry” other players. Maybe even have a ceremony where you could either do that with your real life partner or use the online feature and have all the animals from your town(s) attend. There could be like exclusive clothing and such for that. That would be really neat, I think.

Reactions: 28142
Back