Would there be more downloadable characters for Smash 4?

• Thread starter XShadowX001
  • Start date
XShadowX001

XShadowX001

Shadow!K
Towns Folk
So, it makes me wonder if Mr. Sakurai will has more characters in mind for Super Smash Bros. For Wii u/3DS.
With the recent stage "leaks" that came up online for the game, I just can't help it to think if there will be more characters in the future.

Personally I wish for these 2:
Shadow, Tails, or Knuckles (Preferably Shadow but it really will be debated with him or Tails considering he is Sonic's sidekick, and also Shadow is already an assist trophy so he probably wont even be considered.)
Wolf (Casue he is was nice to have in Brawl.)

My list was originally 2 characters longer, with Mewtwo and Roy, and I guess Mr. Sakurai answered my plead ha ha.

What characters would you guys like to see in the possible future of this game.
I know a whole lot of you want Rayman ha ha ha.

Personally, I think that since Sakurai tends to bring back old characters, I'm expecting Wolf to make a return in the coming months. I used to think that Ice Climbers would make a comeback as well but the sprite limitation during battles prevents them from doing so. Could you imagine 8-player smash with only ice climbers? Also, I voted for krystal in the smash ballot because starfox needs another representative epecially since wolf was removed. She would make a good addition. We need more female characters anyway.

Reactions: XShadowX001
I could see Wolf and if not Snake then someone with his moveset coming back to nearly complete the whole roster, and perhaps I could see Sakurai's decision on the Ice Climbers being overridden on the grounds that inferior technology on the 3DS should not hold the Wii U version back.

But that's just wishful thinking. I do anticipate a few more characters, though. All sources seemed to imply that we'll be getting more characters than just the ballot winner - I'm pretty sure the part about adding fan-requested characters was plural, after all.

Yes. There will be more downloadable characters. He said it is all gonna be about fan service. He meant the smash ballot when he said fan service. Sakurai said that he is planning to release several more fighters into smash bros. Sakurai also said he might add other stages into super smash bros too.

There will be. If enough people want that character in the game they will end up making it, but new people means new updates which takes up more space on you SD card. Luckily I have a 32gb. I just want to see Snake, Sora and doom guy( yes there is a doom on Nintendo consoles)

So, it makes me wonder if Mr. Sakurai will has more characters in mind for Super Smash Bros. For Wii u/3DS.
With the recent stage "leaks" that came up online for the game, I just can't help it to think if there will be more characters in the future.

Personally I wish for these 2:
Shadow, Tails, or Knuckles (Preferably Shadow but it really will be debated with him or Tails considering he is Sonic's sidekick, and also Shadow is already an assist trophy so he probably wont even be considered.)
Wolf (Casue he is was nice to have in Brawl.)

My list was originally 2 characters longer, with Mewtwo and Roy, and I guess Mr. Sakurai answered my plead ha ha.

What characters would you guys like to see in the possible future of this game.
I know a whole lot of you want Rayman ha ha ha.
All 3 of those Sonic characters you mentioned will never make, sorry to ruin your hopes right there. Anyways, yes I see a future where there will be more DLC characters for Smash Bros. It would be a shame if all he did was costumes and stages. Plus that would do players a disservice, even though they already are with Mii Fighter costumes being priced instead of free.

Well there will be at least two slots as we know of (at the official site) so they are probably in development right now and we'll know about them the day before they are announced for the Holidays or whatever time next year. I think Sakurai will stop after one or two fighters from Smash Ballot are chosen because not everybody has the DLC and has everything else unlocked. I think it's best to wait for a character bundle with newer fighters rather than get them right now because you know how people are mildly greedy and want to bundle things for you so you either spend money for both characters or spend it on the bundle with the few DLC characters you already have.

More characters for Smash would be suspected :p
though I haven't gotten any of the other ones that are already released xP

There should be more characters coming soon, I hope. There are some characters that I want to be in the new Smash Bros, and most of them are returning characters. I suppose that Sakurai is currently working on some more characters as we speak.

Ok so for the DLC we have seen so far are Mewtwo(a old character), Lucas(a old character), Roy(a old character) and ryu a newcomer, so maybe Mr.Sakurai is going to have more characters from previous smash games as Dlc than newcomers but of course the more characters they bring back they are going to have to add more newcomers every time because of the decrease of the older characters, so you could just say 4 dlc every 6 months so, 3 older characters and 1 newcomer (then next batch)2 older characters and 2 newcomers(then next batch) 1 older character and 3 newcomers. I am just guessing but I would want more newcomers rather than previous characters.

I think shadow is impossible as he is an assist trophy( join the waluigi club) but I would like to see Sega get a Dlc character but not sonic it should be Aiai with the different monkeys from the series as alternate costumes. There is not just gongon, meemee, and baby but there are the two from banana blitz and that douche from step and roll

Yeah shadow could at least be a mii fighter, but I just don't understand why people vote for him when he is a assist trophy but then again they could probably make a update to remove the shadow assist and make the character?

First thank you all for replying.
You gave intresting replys.

Yes deffinately there should be more characters comeing, (hopefully) and yeah, id actually settle with a Shadow Mii costume, haha. Eatherway, Sakurai is still full of surprises, maybe he will add Ice Climbers *-* lol.

All 3 of those Sonic characters you mentioned will never make, sorry to ruin your hopes right there. Anyways, yes I see a future where there will be more DLC characters for Smash Bros. It would be a shame if all he did was costumes and stages. Plus that would do players a disservice, even though they already are with Mii Fighter costumes being priced instead of free.

I still think that all 3 Sonic characters have a slight chanse, as tiny as it would be I still think they do, people told me Roy would never see Smash 4 because he was just a clone (even when I metioned that he felt unique, you don't see Marth causing explosions with his sword lol), and he made it lol. So i wouldn't count them out just yet... well maybe Shadow, he is an Assist Trophy alredy so he has the lowest chanse of all 3...

First thank you all for replying.
You gave intresting replys.

Yes deffinately there should be more characters comeing, (hopefully) and yeah, id actually settle with a Shadow Mii costume, haha. Eatherway, Sakurai is still full of surprises, maybe he will add Ice Climbers *-* lol.
I'd say Ice Climber because of the following reasons:
  1. The two were op in brawl and they relied on one another too much
  2. New players would have a difficult time to master them due to their fighting style and how grabbing one item would possibly effect the other
  3. They can be playable as one instead of two. Trust me I tried.
  4. 16 Ice Climbers in 8-player Smash would be chaos.
Trust me, I would like to have them back, but the 3DS is limited and cannot handle 8 Ice Climbers and no you can't make them a Wii U exclusive. I say it's better have 1 than none and Sakurai should have understood that.

My one and only Smash request that would complete my life and heal my crying soul is Bandana Dee. As for veterans, I'd like to see Ice Climbers and Snake return. Snake, because he is really fun to fight against, like, extremely fun imo. He's my fav smasher to fight against. :p. Ice Climbers, because they were always fun to play as.

Nice to see some more replies on all your opinions. (Sorry if im getting on just now, life happens so I was out for a month or so.)

I'd say Ice Climber because of the following reasons:
  1. The two were op in brawl and they relied on one another too much
  2. New players would have a difficult time to master them due to their fighting style and how grabbing one item would possibly effect the other
  3. They can be playable as one instead of two. Trust me I tried.
  4. 16 Ice Climbers in 8-player Smash would be chaos.
Trust me, I would like to have them back, but the 3DS is limited and cannot handle 8 Ice Climbers and no you can't make them a Wii U exclusive. I say it's better have 1 than none and Sakurai should have understood that.

Yes, having at least 1 Ice Climber would be nice, but why not insted of them being called "Ice Climber" have them both in by their name Popo and Nana, and have them like Male and Female Robin. That way, one or the other don't get excluted, and players can play with Nana like when you switched colors.

Reactions: Super Smash Jordan
I wouldn't care if the Ice Climbers didn't return. But if I did see Wolf or Snake, I'd be excited. But maybe Snake has better chances of appearing seeing as Wolf is the third clone of the Star Fox representatives. Maybe Krystal would have some chance of making it (I voted for her too because of a friend). And another Sonic representative wouldn't hurt. Maybe the Bravely Default cast. Just spitballing here. Beats having costumes.

im pretty sure that there will be more dlc characters, i mean there is no limit? they could simply make a secound page for the characters just like for the stages.

I wouldn't care if the Ice Climbers didn't return. But if I did see Wolf or Snake, I'd be excited. But maybe Snake has better chances of appearing seeing as Wolf is the third clone of the Star Fox representatives. Maybe Krystal would have some chance of making it (I voted for her too because of a friend). And another Sonic representative wouldn't hurt. Maybe the Bravely Default cast. Just spitballing here. Beats having costumes.

Yeah I know what you mean, I personally rarely used Ice Climbers on Melee and Brawl, but it wouldn't hurt to have at least Popo. I'd like to see would make an appearance back in Smash 4, but like you said, he is a third clone of Fox, it would be best if he were to return with a different moveset.

Back