AC:NH Would you be as angry as Pokemon fans if not all villagers return in New Horizons?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Pokemon fans are angry how not all 800+ Pokemon are available in the new Switch games. It's gotten bad to the point of them harassing Masuda on his birthday, months after the games released, about the issue.

As Animal Crossing: New Horizons is around the corner..

I wonder if Animal Crossing fans are going to be as upset if the developers decide not to include all of the previous villagers from previous games, in the new Animal Crossing: New Horizons game that'll launch this March for the console :eyes:

i wouldnt be as angry as pokemon fans because the game itself is amazing and leaving out a couple villagers isnt gonna ruin the game for me. honestly, i didnt really care about the huge villager roster because you can only have a couple in your town anway. theres no way that you will encounter every villager anyways. even if they add a new villager, you may not be seeing that villager for a long time. as for pokemon, you can catch the pokemon at any time though some are harder to find.

Technically it's not really the same thing. Pokemon, it's a collection thing, the more there are, the more there are to collect, they're all there in the world and are meant to be seen.

Villagers? They come and go, they're not collectables, they're not all there at the same time, they were never designed to see all of them at the same time. Pretty sure that's already happened as well, not all villagers are in every single AC game. And surprise, no one has really cared because of the reasons above.

I mean, we're not gonna get all the villagers in one village but I'd like to go to you guys' villages and see a different roster of villagers. So, while I wouldn't be mad, I'd like to see a lot of returning villagers and some new ones.

As long as I can have Goldie though, I'm good.

Nope 383 villagers is plenty for me
I mean you can only have so many in your town
it’s not like Pokémon where the goal is normally to catch them all (not any more lol)

Reactions: 28142
Animal Crossing National Dex or no buy!

Nah, but seriously it doesn’t really bother me if all of the villagers aren’t there. I mean, they won’t be anyways. Isn’t there a villager from like City Folk that hasn’t made an appearance since, and some are speculating actually died? I would be more interested in seeing some more villagers. Definitely would love to see some of the returning ones as well, of course. I don’t think we have seen any fish Pokémon (though there was like an octopus) so something like a shark would be really cool. Not sure they’d do that though, since you can actually catch sharks.

To be honest, not having all the Pokémon in Sword/Shield didn’t bother me a whole lot either. I’m typically pretty even-keeled and don’t fret the small things or complain about everything. If I enjoy something, that’s all that matters to me. I am glad that games like TemTem are releasing and actually doing well, though, because competition is always a good thing and GameFreak hasn’t had much of that to be fair.

I was just talking about this with someone the other day. I don’t mind if not all past villagers return because there’s no way I’ll ever see them all anyway. 383 is more than I’ll ever see, even between mine and other people’s towns, and that number doesn’t even include any new or special event/promo villagers they’ll likely add. The only way I imagine it might affect someone is if they set out to collect every villager’s picture item, but I’m not that ambitious, or insane.

Reactions: Yumi Chi
I'm lucky in both Pokemon and Animal Crossing to where I tend to like the characters that end up staying around. The lack of some returning villagers won't affect me because the most popular ones are also my favs, and are also the ones that have already been confirmed to return!

In fact, I would have loved if they got rid of that clown sheep... but I think he's returning....

Pokemon fans
• Get angry about Pokemon not getting into the new Pokemon games and to most people it's not a huge deal
• Are basically begging for Diamond and Pearl remakes, only months after the new Pokemon games were released

okay

Last edited:
Back