Would you buy a used mattress from a thrift store

• Thread starter AricAttack
  • Start date
AricAttack

AricAttack

Pittoo
Towns Folk
I’m sure you guys know what goodwill is or just have some random thrift stores near your house, but every now and than you’ll see A bed mattress which could’ve have been coughed on or really disgusting stuff :vomit: or maybe other stuff like headphones or whatever which is also gross but my main question is, would You buy a used bed mattress which I know I definitely would not.

No. I don't know where its been nor do I want to know where it was.

Reactions: AricAttack
I'm not realy a germaphobe, just a lil... so maybe if it's comfy and cheap. It'd have to be a really good one and I'd have to have a plan to take it hope (def won't fit in my current car I have right now, that's for sure).

I'm not realy a germaphobe, just a lil... so maybe if it's comfy and cheap. It'd have to be a really good one and I'd have to have a plan to take it hope (def won't fit in my current car I have right now, that's for sure).
Think of the stuff that could’ve have been done to it though

There could be bed bugs in it (it is a bed after all o.o). So for sure no.

There could be bed bugs in it (it is a bed after all o.o)
Or worse :puke:

Think of the stuff that could’ve have been done to it though
So I clean it and forget about it. Those things are expensive brand new and you gotta be resourceful in this world! Plus imagine all things I could do to it : evil :

So I clean it and forget about it. Those things are expensive brand new and you gotta be resourceful in this world! Plus imagine all things I could do to it : evil :
:eyes2:

Reactions: Duffy
You do NOT want bed bugs all over your house. Its terrible (not speaking from experience)

Reactions: Duffy and AricAttack
You do NOT want bed bugs all over your house. Its terrible (not speaking from experience)
what if someone peed their pants or something

Well then thats a different story then. Who cares about pee in pants? :eyes:

Well then thats a different story then. Who cares about pee in pants? :eyes:
while they’re on the bed

while they’re on the bed
What are you scared of, ebola?
Beds are very expensive. Most things are expensive. If it isn’t obviously in a bad condition its a extremely good deal. Most problems can me covered with a sheet and forgotten.

What are you scared of, ebola?
Well I mean now that you say it... yes I kind of am scared of ebola...

I usually don't mind second-hand amenities, but a mattress is sort of taking it too far. The problem is, you don't know what's inside it. It could be infested with all sorts of stuff you don't want in your home, and that's more trouble than it's worth.

Reactions: AricAttack and Duffy
I usually don't mind second-hand amenities, but a mattress is sort of taking it too far. The problem is, you don't know what's inside it. It could be infested with all sorts of stuff you don't want in your home, and that's more trouble than it's worth.
This is a good point... yuck, cockroaches...

Heck no, I’d never buy a mattress from a thrift store! You don’t know where it’s been, what’s been done on it, or anything about it! Just splurge and buy a new mattress. It’s better then sleeping on a mattress that could’ve belonged to some random guy/gal.

Heck no, I’d never buy a mattress from a thrift store! You don’t know where it’s been, what’s been done on it, or anything about it! Just splurge and buy a new mattress. It’s better then sleeping on a mattress that could’ve belonged to some random guy/gal.
Not to mention even if you manage to thoroughly clean the mattress, it would likely still have other issues with it. Maybe a broken spring or a big hole in it. Just buy a brand new one!

If you ever do buy a used mattress make sure to check the corners and around the edges for bed bugs. I once bought a lightly used mattress before I had heard of them and had to burn it.

If you ever do buy a used mattress make sure to check the corners and around the edges for bed bugs. I once bought a lightly used mattress before I had heard of them and had to burn it.
Burn it up huh? That must of been really fun to burn up. Poor bed bugs though.

Back