Would you buy a Wii U after learning about the NX?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date

Would you buy a Wii U after learning about the NX?

• Yeah, of course :D

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Nahh.. It's the latest or go home.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't really care about either.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
People have been saying that the NX will be a home console for the big screen. I haven't seen any news from Nintendo confirming this yet (probably because I wasn't really searching for any), but I'm starting to think it's true.

The Wii U is starting to get better games that might interest you if the current selection did not spark your interest in the past. Stuff like Splatoon, Zelda U, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, etc.

Let's say no information has been revealed on whether the NX will be backward compatible with Wii U games, would you still get a Wii U after hearing that NX will be the next "big thing" from Nintendo? If not, why?

Reactions: 3905
Of course I will. Nintendo nx will not launch in another 2 years, nuff said. Also,their are still plenty of games to be announced on the wii u. A new mario game ha been confirmed for e3 and hopefully metroid too. 2 years is a lot and no one can wait that long, also, the wii u is an amazing console with 380 exclusive games. I am really excited for this e3 for this reason, so much games will be announced. Also, the price is affordable. It is 300 bucks, with 2 great games, it is very cheap. Nintendo always announces stuff as a surprise, that is really how they roll really. I just can not wait for E3! Plus, they are not even on the prototype stage of the nx, it will take them 2-3 years for them to make the console.

It is depending on how exactly similar the Nintendo NX will be comparing to the Wii U
I'm still gonna get a Wii U ( probably years from now ) because I've always been craving for the exclusives that the Wii U has and other nice game titles like Wind Waker and so on .

And if the NX would be similar to the Wii U , but the games not similar to the Wii U then that would be another factor that I would still get a Wii U :)

People have been saying that the NX will be a home console for the big screen. I haven't seen any news from Nintendo confirming this yet (probably because I wasn't really searching for any), but I'm starting to think it's true.

The Wii U is starting to get better games that might interest you if the current selection did not spark your interest in the past. Stuff like Splatoon, Zelda U, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, etc.

Let's say no information has been revealed on whether the NX will be backward compatible with Wii U games, would you still get a Wii U after hearing that NX will be the next "big thing" from Nintendo? If not, why?
I would buy the console early but when i learned my lesson, i think i'l buy till they have better model or fixed stuff because when buying consoles early, there's a 50/50 chance that the console will die early or after a year or two plus if the price is high,i'l have to wait till they lowered the price a bit or when they are on sale.

I think hearing about the NX was heartbreaking for me since I had only gotten my Wii U a mere month before the NX was announced. If it is supposed to be a new console then i felt like buying my Wii U didn't seem as worth from like a few months ago. The Wii U is fun and all but I still think the NX should've held off another few years since the Wii U is starting to get a lot of popular games.

I wasn't sure at first, but I got a Wii U after all. Since hey said the NX won't replace the Wii U, it helped me decide. I'm still curious about what the NX will do that the Wii U won't, if it's not supposed to replace it?

I still get one, mostly because I'm a huge Nintendo fan and I like having the consoles. Even if the NX ist going to be home system I'm sure I'd be looking into getting one too.

It's worth getting a Wii U now for a few years of top games, catching up on the previous games is hard enough and it will help Nintendo to gain more momentum going into NX and if sales increase, they would want to give Wii U more exclusives as it dies as a final gift.

Of course, NX will most likely be backward compatible and Nintendo said it wouldn't replace Wii U, but then again NX will have it's own games which makes catching up on Wii U games harder if you waited until then (the games would also be a lot rarer and expensive) and of course, Nintendo would say it won't replace Wii U to make sure fans are still buying their current console.

I guess so (if I had money), and I recommend that if anyone else has enough money and is interested, go ahead.

Back