Would you buy an Animal Crossing spinoff game?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Let's say Nintendo decided to expand the Animal Crossing universe with spinoff games.

Would you be interested and buy any?

What kind of spinoff AC game would you like to see? An action platformer? RPG? How about visual novel? How well do you think it'll work out and do you see others biting at the offer? Do you think it'll impact the main Animal Crossing games?

Reactions: FuredeRika
I'll play Animal Crossing Mystery Dungeon

Reactions: AricAttack, Punintentionally, FuredeRika and 2 others
If it was a fighting game or RPG sure. Happy Home Designer gives a lot of potential even though it's just a slightly different life sim. Visual novel doesn't make sense but then again there is complete manga series based on Zelda and Splatoon so they can just write something out of nothing. I think a dating sim is more likely like Harvest Moon. I don't think it would stray from it's roots much as it's popular on it's own right without it. Could crossover with Zelda as it fits the animal creatures motif and such like a parody game though and just for that I'd give AC more value to me to see it.

Reactions: phofufury, FuredeRika and Mizunil
I'll play anything that involves cute animals

Reactions: FuredeRika and xNo1Hatedx
Would Amiibo Festival and Happy Home Designer be spin offs?
If it was a fighting game or RPG sure.
I don't think this will ever happen, but if it did I would be so intrigued and get it

I don't think it's likely since the two animal crossing spinoffs (happy home designer and amiibo festival) didn't do as well as expected. But if there is a spinoff I would want it to be some sort of puzzle game. I think that would work pretty well. It should be free to play: like pokemon cafe mix. Another possible idea is animal crossing picross. Both are calm and relaxing games. So combine them and you get a double calm game.

An rpg COULD work. It could be similar to the island survival game in new leaf but with rpg mechanics. An open world game would be lovely. Imagine things like going to katrina for raising stats and buying magic items and going to brewster to heal up and get food to heal you later. The nooks can sell weapons and armor. All the villagers can be recruited to be part of your team. And isabelle can be the character for the tutorial. Redd can have a gambling mechanic. You fight against mutated bugs and fish. There's a lot of potential but it's highly unlikely.

Reactions: FuredeRika and Mizunil
It depends on what type of spin-off game it is. We've already had some in the past, such as Happy Home Designer and Amiibo Festival, but those were somewhat lacking in gameplay after the first few hours of playtime. Now, if they made a spin-off with an actual amount of effort put into it, I'd be interested. Take Hyrule Warriors as an example. It's still Zelda characters and story, but with a totally unique style of gameplay. It's something different, yet refreshing.

I just don't want to play a horridly designed board game (that you have to scan a figurine every time you want to move) like Amiibo Festival ever again. However, if it's something unique, such as something like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle or Hyrule Warriors, and it's actually fun, sign me up.

Reactions: FuredeRika, Mizunil and Deepak
I adored HHD, I would love to see some more "linear" games like that. Take the Tamagotchi series of games, I feel like an animal crossing style of game like the "tamagotchi corner shop" series of games would work really nicely, add in some elements from HDD and that'd be awesome~

Reactions: FuredeRika and Mizunil
It should be free to play: like pokemon cafe mix.
Could you imagine how cute a Animal Crossing Cafe would be, you could feed all the villagers and hire them omg

Reactions: FuredeRika and Deepak
Let's say Nintendo decided to expand the Animal Crossing universe with spinoff games.

Would you be interested and buy any?

What kind of spinoff AC game would you like to see? An action platformer? RPG? How about visual novel? How well do you think it'll work out and do you see others biting at the offer? Do you think it'll impact the main Animal Crossing games?
I'd Play a full game version of the desert island escape minigame in New Leaf that you can play with a wii u. I wasn't expecting anything that fun, but it's pretty good. They would have to remove play coins, because if they released it, it would be on switch.

Reactions: FuredeRika and Jisenku
I'd play an Animal Crossing dating sim, for sure. No way Nintendo would actually make that, though.

Maybe an RPG, virtual card game, or Mario Party-esque game?

I'd play an Animal Crossing dating sim, for sure. No way Nintendo would actually make that, though.

Maybe an RPG, virtual card game, or Mario Party-esque game?
Didn't they already make a mario party like game in the form of amiibo festival?

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant one that is actually fun and not pay-to-play.

From reading these comments, an adventure / rpg fighting game of ac sounds like itd be so coool aa

As well as animal crossing cafe like the Pokemon - that could really work.

Although I know it'd never happen, I think a big open world mmo based around animal crossing would be so cool. Like there'd be a couple of main areas where the npcs would be. And they'd either be shops or give you quests / both. To do things like get fish/bugs/ingredients/ other gathering items- But have it played out as a proper story. Then ofc the housing would be amazing being like how it is in regular ac but able to have tones of people around rather than like 8. Maybe each player could choose where they want to put their houses *anywhere* in the world, then players could form little housing communities. Or maybe that'd be a 'guild' feature. The seasons ofc would change in real time too. Idk I think itd be nice to have a very gentle cute mmo like this with no fighting. Of course all the animal villagers would have homes in this world and they'd ask you to do little quests for them too. Maybe there's a rivalry amoung the animal guilds that you have to solve?
+ would be very cool to bring back the acution feature they had in the Wii.

And then obviously crafting too like in NH.

Maybe instead of fighting classes you pick between a Fisher / Bug catcher / Fossil Digger (okay thats not a thing, forgot actual word) and some othed stuff. You could switch between them at any time but have to level them up seperatly, and your higher level = more chance to get rarer stuff

Last edited:
Reactions: Jisenku, Marc, ShyGuy64 and 1 other person
From reading these comments, an adventure / rpg fighting game of ac sounds like itd be so coool aa

As well as animal crossing cafe like the Pokemon - that could really work.

Although I know it'd never happen, I think a big open world mmo based around animal crossing would be so cool. Like there'd be a couple of main areas where the npcs would be. And they'd either be shops or give you quests / both. To do things like get fish/bugs/ingredients/ other gathering items- But have it played out as a proper story. Then ofc the housing would be amazing being like how it is in regular ac but able to have tones of people around rather than like 8. Maybe each player could choose where they want to put their houses *anywhere* in the world, then players could form little housing communities. Or maybe that'd be a 'guild' feature. The seasons ofc would change in real time too. Idk I think itd be nice to have a very gentle cute mmo like this with no fighting. Of course all the animal villagers would have homes in this world and they'd ask you to do little quests for them too. Maybe there's a rivalry amoung the animal guilds that you have to solve?
+ would be very cool to bring back the acution feature they had in the Wii.

And then obviously crafting too like in NH.

Maybe instead of fighting classes you pick between a Fisher / Bug catcher / Fossil Digger (okay thats not a thing, forgot actual word) and some othed stuff. You could switch between them at any time but have to level them up seperatly, and your higher level = more chance to get rarer stuff
archaeologist

Reactions: Jisenku, ShyGuy64 and FuredeRika
I would play an Animal Crossing Dungeon game, like and RPG. but, isnt it already an RPG? idk about a fighting game tho, maybe more like Smash, and there has already been a Mario Party Animal Crossing game, tho it ddnt get much attention. I would probably buy a dungeon crawler version. what would you guys think of a battle royale version? XD

I fully support Animal Crossing as the next Warriors spinoff, where you play as an axe-wielding Villager lunatic, wrecking havoc in the otherwise peaceful towns you come across throughout the game. Other villagers may also be unlocked as you progress on your path to become the ultimate bloodthirsty tyrant that will haunt the minds of villagers for generations to come.

• Funny
Reactions: Deepak and FuredeRika
I fully support Animal Crossing as the next Warriors spinoff, where you play as an axe-wielding Villager lunatic, wrecking havoc in the otherwise peaceful towns you come across throughout the game. Other villagers may also be unlocked as you progress on your path to become the ultimate bloodthirsty tyrant that will haunt the minds of villagers for generations to come.

ID PLAY

Would tom nook be a playable character or the final boss?

Back