Would you buy meat from a random person in the street?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Alright, alright.. I'm talking about raw meat and it's the only option of food you can get because it's late at night, you're hungry as heck and you're near home to cook that sucker.

The guy isn't looking like a hobo or something, but the same can be said if you think he's like some hotdog seller.

So yeah, moving on to the question, would you buy meat from a random person in the street if you were dead hungry and didn't have anything else to eat?

Reactions: 18
Nope, never.

Nope, big moment of nope there! I'd buy meat only from a place certified clean and all. That can confirm that what I'm buying is totally what it is supposed to be. I wouldn't like buying beef and learn later that it was something else ._.

Why? I suppose video games are no different.... You eat random food off the ground. Sounds like a "real meal" to me.

If it was fresh cooked very good and tasted delicious :D

If it was fresh cooked very good and tasted delicious :D
Yeah, only to find out it's dog meat or worse, people meat. o_O

In all seriousness, I would not buy meat fresh or otherwise unless I obtained it myself (i.e. hunting) or bought it in a store that wasn't some back ally food cart.

Reactions: Marc
Yeah, only to find out it's dog meat or worse, people meat. o_O

In all seriousness, I would not buy meat fresh or otherwise unless I obtained it myself (i.e. hunting) or bought it in a store that wasn't some back ally food cart.
True

I've seen enough B horror films and played enough "mature" video games to know better than to buy unspecified meat. It could be from Denmark, or worse, from humans. Or cats.

I would only buy meat that I'm 100% certain is ecological, safe for human consumption and produced relatively locally. It's the best way to be sure.

Yes I would. I don't even care if it's human meat. Hunger is hunger. :vamp:

Nah, definitely not at all. I would prefer to wait until tomorrow if I wanted to have something to eat. Besides, I'm not sure things sold by random person are safe to be eaten or not, because I don't know if these meats are hygiene or not, or at worse, going through its pass-by date. So I'd rather buy the meats from grocery stores or even from traditional markets as well.

I would eat, I mean if you dont know what it is, it wont effect you, most meat are similar, so even if it was good youd never know.

Alright, alright.. I'm talking about raw meat and it's the only option of food you can get because it's late at night, you're hungry as heck and you're near home to cook that sucker.

The guy isn't looking like a hobo or something, but the same can be said if you think he's like some hotdog seller.

So yeah, moving on to the question, would you buy meat from a random person in the street if you were dead hungry and didn't have anything else to eat?
He said sucker, suckers = octopi, octopi =Kalimari,so its kalimari. I'll eat it, it's not too bad

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't because who knows what kind of meat it is. Could be from any animal, cats, rabbits, dogs - which is awful because they're considered as pets. Aside from that, it could be diseased, which may cause food poisoning, or more serious issues. I think my tummy could very much wait until the next day. Health before hunger. xd

No, I don't accept candy from strangers' house anymore. I thought I heard once that somebody put razor blades in chocolates he was giving out. (It would've made more sense if he just became a skipper, but did he have to damage the young children's mouths?)

Nah I wouldn't do it. Something like that is just crazy, even if the person doesn't look like a hobo, I'd never do it. Then again if I was really hungry and the meat looked good...well I'd buy it and then go home to cook it. But just to be safe, couldn't I use that money to buy something from a Gas Station or maybe even a Fast Food Restaurant?

Absolutely not! For one, it could have been poisoned. (Because some people are idiots like that) Second, if the meat is raw, then that itself could pose a threat to you. In fact, dumpster diving would be healthier than eating raw meat, especially not from a random person you don't even know! My overall answer is definitely NO. NO. 100% NO!!!
@Spinnerweb- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First thought: No.
Upon second thought, who goes around selling point meat on the street?? First of all if your goal is to kill someone why sell it, wouldn't you be better off going away for free? If your goal isn't to kill someone, you wouldn't sell the loosened meat, you'd throw it away. So it'd probably be safe. So I'd buy it. And even if it was poisoned oh well, bad luck,

Back