Would you buy/use Amiibos if they weren't figurines?

• Thread starter Magik
  • Start date

Would you buy Amiibos if they weren't figurines?

• Yeah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Eh, I don't care

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
M

Magik

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
If Amiibos were just programmed into the game and wasn't a figure, but still does everything an Amiibo can, would you buy it?

Personally, no. I might have it but a huge part of the fun comes in being a figurine.

What do you think? Comment below!

No because i slept with mine :D

Reactions: Magik
Im not sure what they would be then :p but i might (I voted Maybe) but since they are figurines I am going to get em all :D

If they weren't figures, I could imagine them as AR cards that you scan with the camera.

However, the figurine part was the soul reason I bought a Kirby amiibo without even owning a Wii U console

I don't think I would. Like it or not, amiibo is not just the chip it has inserted in the figure, it is the figure too. This way they are giving life to the characters without need of the tv. Of course I know this is not the main concern of amiibo, but I think that is what makes it special, having a touchable figure that can come to life if touched with the console.

No way, amiibo are fun because you can display them and use them out of games and stuff. Putting them digitally would ruin everything. I don't even think anybody I know would think about buying them. I might buy a few amigos just to display them, even when I don't have the 3ds adaptor. If they were online I wouldn't even consider buying them

Reactions: 3391
To me without the amiibo having the little figurine with the character , they wouldn't be so attractive to sell because so then later Nintendo wouldn't be making more money because that is what Nintendo wants to stress more often . They then wouldn't look fun if amiibos were to be some ar cards that people can lose easily . I am glad that that didn't happen and I am totally satisfied with cute little figurines :)

Back