Would you get a tattoo of someone's name for $1,000 US?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
It's permanent and it's going to be on your neck, but the person is paying you $1,000 US in cold hard cash to get it done. No rainbow colors or anything either. Just a plain tattoo of the person's name.

Here's a preview of how it'd look like :

9826e035e6eb1509a07c3609153bcae8_view.jpg

Would you take up the offer or refuse?

Nah, I've got enough money. No point in ruining my skin for some more.

No, never. >w<
No amount of money is worth having that done to my skin (especially my neck, no less! ;w; ).

Nah. Not only would it hurt, like, a lot, but it'd be permanent. $1000 isn't worth a mark that'll last a lifetime! Now, $1000000, on the other hand... :cat:

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
I would rather be the poorest person in the world than get a tattoo of someone else's name. Unless I get enough money to retire out of it I will refuse and besides I'm not going to be able to ever see it unless someone took a picture of it. Pass.

I would refuse because I don't really support tattoos, especially if I'm the one getting it done. It doesn't really give off a good impression to others if they were to see it. I think it would be quite painful and to remove it, is another problem. xD

Money isn't everything. ;)

No, because it's just $1000 and I wouldn't know the person.
I have nothing against tattoos though, I'm thinking of getting one someday.

I mean I wouldn't do it, I don't really have anything against tattoos, I just don't like the permanence of them (henna's where it's at though). Still though some random name on my neck for $1000 I think I'll pass. The implications that could have on my future social group too is a little too much for my liking. Money isn't worth it, up the ante and MAYBE!

I mean I wouldn't do it, I don't really have anything against tattoos, I just don't like the permanence of them (henna's where it's at though).
The permanence is what gives a tattoo its meaning.
I like henna but I wish there was some kind of black henna. I hate the orange/brown colour of most of it. Saying that henna is 'where it's at' is just silly though; it's neither better (the colours and designs you can make are very limited) nor more meaningful than tattoos. It's the coward's diet version of tattoos really, when you want to decorate your body but are too scared to let it last.

The permanence is what gives a tattoo its meaning.
I like henna but I wish there was some kind of black henna. I hate the orange/brown colour of most of it. Saying that henna is 'where it's at' is just silly though; it's neither better (the colours and designs you can make are very limited) nor more meaningful than tattoos. It's the coward's diet version of tattoos really, when you want to decorate your body but are too scared to let it last.

Honestly, I admit yeah I am a coward (did I really just say that? *sigh*) but the permanence scares me in that what if it loses it's meaning, is my only concern otherwise I would get a tattoo hands down. I don't put my heart into something for it to lose all meaning and impact to me. The whole henna thing was a joke though I don't like that for the same reason you don't it lacks meaning whereas it would be the point. Hence I do nothing with my body and leave it at that.

Honestly, I admit yeah I am a coward (did I really just say that? *sigh*) but the permanence scares me in that what if it loses it's meaning, is my only concern otherwise I would get a tattoo hands down. I don't put my heart into something for it to lose all meaning and impact to me. The whole henna thing was a joke though I don't like that for the same reason you don't it lacks meaning whereas it would be the point. Hence I do nothing with my body and leave it at that.
I think many people don't really understand that they don't lose their meaning. Like, "Don't get this tattooed or that tattooed or your girlfriend's name tattooed because what if you break up and it loses its meaning?" If you broke up it still has its meaning. You loved someone enough to risk being ridiculed for having their name on you even after you broke up, it's part of you now. The non-permanent thing doesn't have to last but the tattoo is a photograph of a time of when it mattered. But nvm I'm just one of those idiots who encourage bad choices to goody-goody schoolchildren that could bar them from getting a desk job.

Reactions: etrian_warrior
I think many people don't really understand that they don't lose their meaning. Like, "Don't get this tattooed or that tattooed or your girlfriend's name tattooed because what if you break up and it loses its meaning?" If you broke up it still has its meaning. You loved someone enough to risk being ridiculed for having their name on you even after you broke up, it's part of you now. The non-permanent thing doesn't have to last but the tattoo is a photograph of a time of when it mattered. But nvm I'm just one of those idiots who encourage bad choices to goody-goody schoolchildren that could bar them from getting a desk job.

It is a very valid point though, I never thought about it that way. As a viewpoint to the past as nostalgia rather than gratuity to what ever it depicts. Interesting, and you know what screw those desk jobs I would rather depict meaning in my life than work a boring 9-5 job for barely above minimum wage.

I'd get it, then use tattoo removal which starts at $200 to remove the tatoo XD. I'd make a 800$ profit

Reactions: 18
I find tattoos to be cool on a creative standpoint but just a plain tattoo of a persons name for $1,000 seems like a rip off to me. I would just honestly rather write the persons name in permanent marker on my skin if I really wanted to. Though an actual realistic portrait of a person as a tattoo is definitely worth $1,000.

Lol that would be foolish and funny for someone to do that idk how people would even have such an idea to even do this its dumb also imagine going to public and having to hide your neck just because of the tattoo people will be telling who that person is and idk it looks kind of ridiculous tattoos are cool ,but this one would be dumb Lol imagine having the name "ICUP" in your neck that would be hilarious idk what fool would do this probably those ghetto people would do this for the money and lie the rest of their lives.

Lol that would be foolish and funny for someone to do that idk how people would even have such an idea to even do this its dumb also imagine going to public and having to hide your neck just because of the tattoo people will be telling who that person is and idk it looks kind of ridiculous tattoos are cool ,but this one would be dumb Lol imagine having the name "ICUP" in your neck that would be hilarious idk what fool would do this probably those ghetto people would do this for the money and lie the rest of their lives.
$1000 could be a lot of much-needed money to 'those ghetto people.'

$1000 could be a lot of much-needed money to 'those ghetto people.'
Yea true because they might be a single parent raising children on their own.

Back