Would you get this Pokemon-themed Switch Split Pad Pro?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
There's a new controller is town, and this time it's the HORI's Pokemon-themed Switch Split Pad Pro:

Ejwg5_TU4AAMdb-

Overview of controller:
Enjoy the full-size controller experience in handheld mode with the Hori split pad Pro! Featuring full-size analog sticks, a precision d-pad, and large shoulder buttons designed for comfort and accuracy, even during marathon gaming sessions. Advanced features include assignable rear triggers, turbo functionally, and more. Perfect for high-pace action titles and many other genres. Enhance your gaming experience with the Split Pad Pro! Officially Licensed by Nintendo and Pokemon.

(Not a wireless controller – only for handheld mode. Does not include motion controls, HD rumble, NFC, or IR Camera. Note: if having trouble with the Switch recognizing split pad Pro, please ensure that all Joy-Con are off and not connected via Bluetooth.)

Features

– Full-size controller experience in handheld mode
– Larger grip, buttons, triggers, analog sticks, and d-pad
– Assignable rear triggers, turbo, and more
– Officially Licensed by Nintendo and the Pokemon Company International
It looks cute, but I'd have to feel it in my hand before deciding tbh.

Would any of you pick this bad boy up on November 5th?

If it's cheap and has less joystick issues sure. But I have good enough controllers as it is so maybe later. The color is kinda weird though.

I love Hori's 3rd party controllers, I have a wired controller with a turbo n assignable d-pad and never had any issues.

I been wanting to get their Split Pad Pro but they're a bit pricey just for the turbo n not having some features. If the pokemon themed is the same price as the regular ones, then I'll definitely get one.

Turbo in handheld? Sign me up.
Controller looks very pretty it and looks like it'd be nice to use. Might have to pick one up

So can you actually use turbo to get shinies faster. Why add that feature this day and age if that weren't the case?

So can you actually use turbo to get shinies faster. Why add that feature this day and age if that weren't the case?
sword and shield has a lot of cutscenes y'know :p

There's a new controller is town, and this time it's the HORI's Pokemon-themed Switch Split Pad Pro:

Ejwg5_TU4AAMdb-

Overview of controller:

It looks cute, but I'd have to feel it in my hand before deciding tbh.

Would any of you pick this bad boy up on November 5th?
It looks cute, especially with the choco mint-esque color (did I use those words right?). Not sure about the stripes and the pokemon at the sides though, but the pink D-Pad looks cute at least. Honestly, I prefer the red or black version over this, but I don't hate this one.

Reactions: Jisenku
Looks a bit chonky not gonna lie. Wouldn't think it would fit in my hands as nicely (even with me having freaking oversized hands that are boney as frick, as in you can actually see the bones in my hand when I move around stupid easily. It also looks slightly tacky like @Sunny_Meows said with the choco mint-Esque color (Yeah you used it right... good job Sunny.) Wouldn't buy it unless packed with features.

• Funny
Reactions: Sunny_Meows
Looks a bit chonky not gonna lie. Wouldn't think it would fit in my hands as nicely (even with me having freaking oversized hands that are boney as frick, as in you can actually see the bones in my hand when I move around stupid easily. It also looks slightly tacky like @Sunny_Meows said with the choco mint-Esque color (Yeah you used it right... good job Sunny.) Wouldn't buy it unless packed with features.
If you look at the description, you can see that it definitely isn't packed with features. It doesn't have any of the stuff that the joy cons or pro controller have.

Reactions: Jisenku and Sunny_Meows
I got mine today and it's better than I expected tbh. The quality is pretty good for 3rd party controllers n has a nice grip. The only downside I can find that the controllers makes the switch looks small n weird looking at first but got I used to it.

U also assign buttons to other buttons, there's an additional button on the back of each controllers u can setup whatever button u want. I didn't expected this either but u can use the turbo feature on both controllers n at the same time if u wanted too (for some reason).
20201122_211138.jpg
I'll recommend to anyone looking for a quality controllers with turbo feature n can customize their button layout. If ur just looking for turbo, then go for something on cheaper option imo.

Reactions: Jisenku and Marc
I got mine today and it's better than I expected tbh. The quality is pretty good for 3rd party controllers n has a nice grip. The only downside I can find that the controllers makes the switch looks small n weird looking at first but got I used to it.

U also assign buttons to other buttons, there's an additional button on the back of each controllers u can setup whatever button u want. I didn't expected this either but u can use the turbo feature on both controllers n at the same time if u wanted too (for some reason).
View attachment 21236
I'll recommend to anyone looking for a quality controllers with turbo feature n can customize their button layout. If ur just looking for turbo, then go for something on cheaper option imo.
that boi T H I C C
but seems like really good quality, wouldn't get it myself (mainly because I don't have a Switch) because of how chonky it is, and might use them as "pro controllers." I do have a question though @ChewyPucc, are the buttons clicky, and do they feel like they respond well?

I do have a question though @ChewyPucc, are the buttons clicky, and do they feel like they respond well?

They're clicky, at least more than the joy-cons/pro controller. The triggers r surprisingly smooth and the analog stick is too. I didn't have any issues with respond time with the controller, it's the same as using joy-cons.

Reactions: Jisenku
They're clicky, at least more than the joy-cons/pro controller. The triggers r surprisingly smooth and the analog stick is too. I didn't have any issues with respond time with the controller, it's the same as using joy-cons.
I play a lot of rhythm games, and thought this would be an interesting controller to get, mainly because of the heft of it would help me spam

Back