would you like to see super mario galaxy 1 or 2 return on the switch?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so instead of a mario galaxy 3 for switch we ended up getting super mario odyssey. i did enjoy super mario odyssey a lot, probably best mario game since super mario galaxy series time. however, i did like the music in mario galaxy more. mario odyssey is a great game, dont get me wrong, but ive been waiting for a long time to see nintendo re-release super mario galaxy and one big hope i have for the switch is to see these games return as a virtual console release where we digitally purchase the game on nintendo eshop. since it is still early overall for the switch, its still possible that this might happen, especially since the online is still incomplete and hasnt quite reached its true launching. would anyone else like to see mario galaxy 1 and 2 return, or something similar like an HD remake? tbh i think the graphics in mario galaxy 1 and 2 are fine as they are, but an HD release for switch would still be interesting to see or imagine. :p

Yes it's fun but I can't play because broken nunchucks

Haha I think it's a little to early to port/remake the galaxy series. If they did that, people would wonder why other mario games got skipped. Well, mostly they'd wonder where Super Mario Sunshine on switch is. Now if they do port Super Mario Sunshine and make it HD on the switch for say, their big holiday game in 2019, or even for summer 2019, because, you know, sunshine, and summer and stuff, but anyways if they did that first maybe after 2 years of good sales on both mario games they could port the galaxy games to switch but I honestly think people would be clamoring for a new game not another port at that point.

I think it would be interesting but we would probably have to use the joy one like the Wii remotes or I guess it could just be played like s controller

I don't think it makes all that much sense to port Super Mario Galaxy since it's just not that old. You can still buy a copy and play it on WiiU.
If you ask me, the game that deserves a switch port is Super Mario Sunshine. This game would be harder to get a hold of, and you need a Wii/GameCube and a GameCube controller to play it. The Switch controls would also mesh with Super Mario Sunshine very well.
I sort of doubt it'll get a remaster, virtual console release, or anything really, but I also hope that it will - I'd love to re-experience Sunshine, with updated graphics too!
If they do decide to bring Super Mario Galaxy to the Switch, I'd rather see a new entry in the series with new mechanics. A new and different game seems more 'Nintendo' to me than, "Look we ported Super Mario Galaxy! Buy it!"

Yes it's fun but I can't play because broken nunchucks

I think you wouldn't need nunchuks anyways because usually with ports you do not need to use the original controller to play. So in this case, you would use the Switch joycons or whatever.

I think porting Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2 would be a bad idea. If they are wanting a Mario Galaxy on the Switch, I think the best thing they could do is make a Super Mario Galaxy 3. Even doing that is pushing it, and Mario Odyssey is pretty similer to Mario Galaxy.

I think porting Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2 would be a bad idea. If they are wanting a Mario Galaxy on the Switch, I think the best thing they could do is make a Super Mario Galaxy 3. Even doing that is pushing it, and Mario Odyssey is pretty similer to Mario Galaxy.
I hope they do bring back the Super Mario Galaxy formula. The movement is just so unique and cool, and the first two games worked perfectly!
However "Super Mario Galaxy 3" would have to come at it from a different angle. Another Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 1.5 (Galaxy 2) is not what we want and it's not what Miyamoto would want, but what we do want is a new way to play - in microgravity! I don't know when it will come out, and I don't know what it will be called. But hopefully it will put the likes of Super Mario Odyssey to shame!

Back