Would you pay more for a longer GamePad to TV signal?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Would you pay an additional amount to the regular Wii U price to get a longer signal range of the GamePad to TV?

Let's say you could pay more to achieve this. Would you bite at the offer or nay?

Just so you know, my gamepad is wired to my Wii U, so I guess this question doesn't even make sense to me :p

No. I'd sooner pay for a switch instead.

Why? From where my Wii U is situated, the only thing that could be achieved by a longer connection is being able to play on the toilet. And I'm not going to pay to be able to play my Wii U on the toilet. I don't have that much free time for that to be a worthwhile investment.

Not really. I'd rather save up for a switch.

Most likely not, seems kinda pointless. Make use of the extra money to pay for a Switch or a Wii U/3DS/Switch game. Some games can't even be played on the Wii U gamepad alone, such as Splatoon, so why bother? xD

Btw, it isn't hard nor expensive to do. And it was already done.
Not sure if I can post links to that gba site, so I'll just post the end of it :p
/threads/wii-u-wireless-controller-extender-hack.378742/

Reactions: Mikaya
Pfft , no. I rather save that money to buy a Switch lol.

I would. My backlog is huge so I have no intention of buying a Switch for a few years. Many times I've wanted to chill on my bed at night but I don't get a signal because my Wii U is in the living room :(.

Longer but also stronger. I should be able to use the gamepad in my upstairs bedroom while my wii u is downstair with my tv...

I would much sooner pay for a Switch than this, as I think that the Switch is really the ultimate realization of what Nintendo wanted to do with the WiiU, but was unable due to the lack of available technology at the time. Plus, the Switch has more than just a longer range, as it works on the go.

Back