Would you play an Animal Crossing TCG?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Imagine if Nintendo decided to one day dip their Animal Crossing toes into the TCG world..

Can you see it working out and would you actively play? How do you feel it'll be played? :redpanda:

Reactions: SmugWolff and AricAttack
Sure?? I’m guessing it would be like pokemon but would that mean the villagers fight each other? I honestly dont know how it would work out but i would be interested

I feel like an AC board game would work better than a TCG. More room to make the concept work. If there ever was one though I might buy the cards just to collect them.

Perhaps tool cards, fruit cards used as energy, different cards for the villagers, and NPC cards could be used like trainer cards if it were a Pokémon-style TCG. It could also be based around a bug or fish-off and consist of bug/fish cards and the aim is to beat your opponent at catching the most. Bigger fish require more energy and are less likely to be successfully caught but award more points, while low-value fish are a more consistent way to get points, so strategies would vary.

I feel like an AC board game would work better than a TCG. More room to make the concept work. If there ever was one though I might buy the cards just to collect them.

Perhaps tool cards, fruit cards used as energy, different cards for the villagers, and NPC cards could be used like trainer cards if it were a Pokémon-style TCG. It could also be based around a bug or fish-off and consist of bug/fish cards and the aim is to beat your opponent at catching the most. Bigger fish require more energy and are less likely to be successfully caught but award more points, while low-value fish are a more consistent way to get points, so strategies would vary.
They could make a real life version of amiibo festival. It would sell more than the game itself.

Last edited:
Nah. I got Pokemon cards and as much as I like them they never get much usage. Animal Crossing ones like the Amiibo/eReader ones already exist and I see no sense in making a game based on a life sim. Maybe as a mobile/Switch game but nothing physical besides maybe NFC tags on cards.

As long as it plays like MTG lol, a AC card game would be pretty interesting but idk how it would actually play since AC is such a peaceful series.

Back