AC:NH Would you reset your Island for the "perfect" map in New Horizons?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Back when I played, there were a lot of players who reset their island just to get the perfect map. I guess what they consider as the "perfect map" is a walkway path leading directly to the airport.. or maybe I'm forgetting what they were aiming for :monkey:

But anyway, were you one of the players who reset their island after their XX hour playthrough just to get the map right?

Or is this something you find as a waste of time?

Reactions: Jisenku
Maybe if I had less than 1 hour of gameplay. But any more than that and I would just stick with the current map instead of doing everything over again. But honestly, im not very picky with the map and villagers in the beginning because I can change literally all of it later on in the game.

Reactions: Jisenku and Mizunil
Maybe if I had less than 1 hour of gameplay. But any more than that and I would just stick with the current map
Same as this, ^ if I had just started I might reset once or twice to find a good looking map (I don't think I did though) but if I was anywhere over an hour of gameplay I wouldn't reset. I don't mind if the airport doesn't head straight to the town hall or if its too close lol, I've seen many people work around it. But in the end its personal preference ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Deepak
I always found that so bizarre. All Spring and Summer, social media was full of people talking about wiping their island for flimsy reasons. Seeing how others choose to play New Horizons has shown me just how much people differ in what they consider fun or a good idea.

So needless to say I wouldn’t do something like that. The closest thing I did was go through the tutorial a few times in hopes of getting some good starting villagers, but that was a bust.

Reactions: Mizunil
I thought you could edit the layout of your island? Is the airport immovable? That'd make sense haha

I thought you could edit the layout of your island? Is the airport immovable? That'd make sense haha
Island customization can only get you so far. You can't modify the land's edges, the airport and the Town Hall.

Reactions: Mizunil and Duffy
Back