Would you trust a car driving you in autopilot?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I think airplanes have an option for autopilot but there is a lot of open space in the air to avoid collisions. There are millions of cars on the road each day around the world. Traffic is proof of it and car accidents is pretty common.

So I'm wondering, would you trust a car driving you in autopilot? :redpanda:

I think technology has gone a long way but when it comes to driving the human brain never changes. It would be a shame to have an autopiloting car and then see someone not following the rules of the road hit you in any way. I like the idea that I wouldn't be liable if it does though and you could get a pretty penny back. Just pray your body doesn't get hurt though. I say yes. If everyone felt the same way they would be safer and more people would want one.

Reactions: Agentperson
I'm fine with it. Tesla already has a technology and it's been in use for a few years now, it works pretty well. I do notice that in some models, when the autopilot brakes, the brake lights do not come on... I think that needs to be adjusted for all models.

I trust machines more than humans, especially on the road. So many idiots out there.

I think automated driving will be especially effective if it ever becomes possible to have fully-automated roads. All cars could go the same speed, no worry of dumb people braking too much, accidents would be reported to all cars so they would know to slow down and where it the accident is. There will always be those people that like driving, so full automation of all driving will never happen. I’d love the option though.

Reactions: Artisan
I think airplanes have an option for autopilot but there is a lot of open space in the air to avoid collisions. There are millions of cars on the road each day around the world. Traffic is proof of it and car accidents is pretty common.

Marc do you know how long I’ve wanted a Tesla, I would very much trust autopilot, no exceptions

Marc do you know how long I’ve wanted a Tesla, I would very much trust autopilot, no exceptions
You can't, it's not perfect. The car's instructions audibly alert the driver to keep their attention on the road... Actually, there were a lot of accidents in the state of California because Tesla drivers were putting too much faith in their autopilot systems right as the cars were first released. I'd recommend looking into that.

Reactions: AricAttack
Not until the technology VASTLY improves.

I feel like if EVERYONE was in autopilot, they would share the same information on what they're gonna do (I guess even if the car isn't on autopilot I think the technology is available to read the information from that car, and relay it to another car) the AI would know what to do, or simply stop if there aren't any options. The cars of today can also detect the surroundings, so I guess falling down a cliff while in autopilot mode would be an incredibly rare occurrence, kinda like an aeroplane crashing. The thought is scary, but it's incredibly rare. maybe they should add parachutes to cars.

Plus, if every car would share information with each other, it would act sort of like a hive mind so I guess with the same information, everyone would be safe. So maybe in a few decades, when every car has AI, as well as advanced technology, plus the parachutes, yes I will trust cars on autopilot. Until the inevitable robot revolution-- where all humans will be enslaved by our new robot overlords.

You can't, it's not perfect. The car's instructions audibly alert the driver to keep their attention on the road... Actually, there were a lot of accidents in the state of California because Tesla drivers were putting too much faith in their autopilot systems right as the cars were first released. I'd recommend looking into that.
I understand that, I know you are supposed to keep your hands on the wheel, and eyes on the road, but I believe that the technology inside of the cars are advanced to take me to and from most, if not all of my destinations.

If a Tesla can summon Cthulhu, I'm fine with it auto-driving

If a Tesla can summon Cthulhu, I'm fine with it auto-driving
How would it even do that?

I would for the most part, unless robots are uprising against humans......

I would for the most part, unless robots are uprising against humans......
Which will probably happen.

Reactions: phofufury and AricAttack
I understand that, I know you are supposed to keep your hands on the wheel, and eyes on the road, but I believe that the technology inside of the cars are advanced to take me to and from most, if not all of my destinations.
It is intuitive technology, and currently it works really well to the point that it's almost reliable. There's no problem with wanting the more current iterations of the technology in your life, just be sure to watch out for those "almost" moments.

Go get your Tesla on, bruh :cool:

Reactions: AricAttack and Jisenku
It is intuitive technology, and currently it works really well to the point that it's almost reliable. There's no problem with wanting the more current iterations of the technology in your life, just be sure to watch out for those "almost" moments.

Go get your Tesla on, bruh :cool:
:cool:

Back