Would you want to stream your PS4 games on your Nintendo Switch?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
It looks like Sony is interested in bringing their Remote Play feature to the Nintendo Switch.

They recently held a survey asking PS4 owners if they'd like the feature on Nintendo Switch. It's already available for PS Vita and smart device owners, however, I'm not sure how well the service performs on such devices.

@Alex have you tried to play your PS4 games from your computer before with this? Not sure if it works with smartphones.

How many PS4 owners here would like to stream their PS4 games to their Nintendo Switch?
Or would you prefer to just play on your PS4?

I can see this coming in handy because the Switch is portable, so you can play your PS4 games on-the-go (if it's user-friendly as only connecting to the Internet) or multiple places around the house.

Didn't know they had a Remote Play thing tbh, but if they do, I'd give it a go for a few games like Spider-Man or The Last of Us. If they did bring it to Switch, then that'd be pretty cool. It's always nice to have more options to play some games and playing them on a handheld is just so much more convenient and comfier.

How would it work? Is an internet connection required? I don't own a PS4 but for the chance to try out the exclusive games why not. PSVR already works with the Switch so... Yeah sounds great but would it be allowed.

This would really be a good thing. I can finally persuade my friend to buy a switch........

Yeah u can use Remote Play on ur smartphone, it'll always have buttons displaying on the screen and there's input lag but it's a pretty neat feature. Also the phone connect via internet as a controller, so u can't use ur PS4 controller while streaming on ur phone.

It would be kinda cool to have it on the Switch but I'm positive it will have input lag so I would prefer playing on the PS4.

Well, considering I'm too broke to own a PS4, I don't really care...
if I did own one, I'd probably prefer to play the PS4 games with a controller that isn't tiny as frick, so streaming 'em on Switch makes zero sense to me.

Yakuza games on the go, you say? :eyes3:
It'd be very convenient that's for sure, especially for digital purchases. Just boot up remote play, and you'll have access to to both of your game libraries on the go. I wouldn't be opposed to using it on my future Switch.

Reactions: Marc
in theory streaming you own games its awesome idea, but in reatily...it could be very horrible unless you have a very stable and high-quality internet conection to avoid having lag or input delay

Thanks for posting this. I've been wondering if this was going to become a reality.

Honestly, I think I would rather have Xcloud on the Switch. I’ve honestly grown tired of Sony. I have a PS4 for one major reason - the Final Fantasy VII Remake. I have an Xbox One X waiting for the game to release there, and once it does I won’t have much use for Sony consoles. At least as it stands now.

I will admit they have some great exclusives, Spider-Man was a really great game, but they are games I can live without. I actually absolutely loved Days Gone, too, but I’ve already played that so it’s not like I’d be missing out. My PS4 sounds like a jet engine and I have a huge pet peeve about that, so I don’t really even jump on there. If Xcloud comes to Switch, I probably wouldn’t buy any other console than Nintendo anymore.

Thinking about it though - imagine if both Xcloud AND PlayStation Now ended up coming to the Switch. The Switch would be a powerhouse, lol.

Dont own a PS4 friend just gave me a ps3 but if I could buy a PS4 game without the system & stream it to my switch it be the only time I would accept a WiFi game o.o I could finally play Dreams that would rock, so yes if it didn’t need the system sure.

(not sure how those things work)

Reactions: Kamehameha
I like the idea of streaming a PS4 to my switch, I don't own a PS4 myself but I would love to be able to stream other stuff to my switch, something like steam link or geforce now would be amazing on switch
I saw something saying PS4 link on switch would be local only so you would only be able to play while connected to the same network which kinda sucks

Seeing as I dont touch my ps4 much anymore n I love ps4 this would be an amazing thing to bring gives me so much more reasons to touch both consoles rly :)

Back