Writing a song for a girl

• Thread starter AngelsShadow
  • Start date
AngelsShadow

AngelsShadow

Number XIV in the orginization, The Noisy Artist
Towns Folk
Hey guys /girls there is this girl I like a lot and a friend suggested I write her a song considering I play guitar fairly well, ik almost all the chords, and the notes on the E and A strings.

But the problem Is I suck at writing love songs, every time they come out s-- and I'm only good at twitting songs about saving others, angels, suicide victims stories, crime incidents ( like sublimes April 26 1992).

I write and play like rise against, radio head, bush, Lynrd skynrds knocking on heavens door, acoustic punk, foo fighters, Ramones, and green day.

I do play both acoustic and electric, I write in acoustic though.

I can never find the right chords just playing C G Dsus and A dosent match my voice I'm more of an Eminor G C Aminor. And lyrics how can I keep it more happy and not repetitive or anoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 18
Gonna repeat the advice I gave you before: don't mention her name in the lyrics even though you made it about her, but make her name the song title. :3
*rips off Black Veil Brides even more* [Carolyn was a band member's mother and died tho] :morbid:

I think of the G7 as a downright happy chord. If you're playing just C, G, Dsus and A, why not progress from C to G7 for a fanciful, bright verse about how much you love her?

don't lynch me if it's bad I'm still learning ok

Also if you're playing unaccompanied, keep it short and write the whole lyrics in verse so that it doesn't feel repetitive at all. She'll think it's sweet that you wrote a song for her either way. Good luck :cat:

Reactions: Jeff The Killer
Alright thanks!!!

I once tried writing a love song. But I couldn't figure out how to rhyme foxalicious, so I gave up. The second attempt ended up much better, except the song somehow ended up being about death and murder. And that's when I ended up with my third attempt. That third attempt was just a heavy metal version of Baby by Justin Bieber. So moral of the story is, just rip off Justin Bieber.

Reactions: AngelsShadow
You mentioned that that you wrote about angels right? You can write how you feel about her and describe angels and the feeling you have when you're around her.

Only other real tip is maybe listen to love songs by your favorite artists and bands to get some ideas.

I wish you the best of luck :)

I once tried writing a love song. But I couldn't figure out how to rhyme foxalicious, so I gave up. The second attempt ended up much better, except the song somehow ended up being about death and murder. And that's when I ended up with my third attempt. That third attempt was just a heavy metal version of Baby by Justin Bieber. So moral of the story is, just rip off Justin Bieber.
ik the pain bro.

You mentioned that that you wrote about angels right? You can write how you feel about her and describe angels and the feeling you have when you're around her.

Only other real tip is maybe listen to love songs by your favorite artists and bands to get some ideas.

I wish you the best of luck :)
alright thx!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back