Gen 6 X and Y's sequel theories

• Thread starter Hyperhumanimal
  • Start date

Do you agree about this idea?

• Total voters
Hyperhumanimal

Hyperhumanimal

That guy who keeps dying over and over non-stop.
Towns Folk
So many fans have said that Pokemon X and Y are eventually going to have a sequel, as that's the tradition ever since the first Pokemon game came out. Many have said that a possible name for the sequel would be Pokemon Z, because, you know... Zygarde. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Remember how Game Freak released Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 when everyone was saying the sequel would be called Gray? Well then, I have a theory for possible names of the sequel(s) of Pokemon X and Y if this feature will become standard. So, it would be like this:

Pokemon ZX: Showing a fusion between Zygarde and Xerneas as mascot.

Pokemon ZY: Showing a fusion between Zygarde and Yveltal as mascot.

This, of course, would be the case if Pokemon Fusion was introduced to this generation, since it was the case for Black 2 and White 2, with Kyurem fusing with Reshiram or Zekrom.

While this may not be the best theory, it can be accepted. Feel free to propose other theories regarding X and Y's sequel(s)!

Reactions: TheSuperKid
Probably will be just Pokemon Z this time, i think the game will have a lot of new content, and gamefreak will decide to make it very fresh, with more 60 new kalos pokemon, and more mega evolutions, i think that in Z you will start in a new little region , and you will find the new pokemon in it, and then i can imagine the player going to kalos to stop the team flare (Probably with new design and a new leader). and etc, team flare in the end will actually get the two legendarys( Xerneas/Yveltal to use their power in Ultimate Weapon), and then i suppose that the weapon will do a huge impact in the ecosystem of kalos, that is when zygarde will show off with a new form to protect the kalos region(Scene in 3D), and i also think that the game will probably show more about AZ, more personal aspects of him, he is a interesting character just like N, there is a lot of evidence in pokemon XY that he lives in parfum place, i really think that place is interesting and there is a secret tomb in there, that is where AZ lives, and that place may have arquives that will explain more about how he did the ultimate weapon etc( the secret of eternal life).

Here are what I think are the possible choice:

X (squared) and Y (squared): Very unlikely
Pokemon Z: Very likely
Pokemon ZX, Pokemon ZY: Likely
I like the Pokemon ZX/ZY because not only is it different from the "3rd" game (bar B2W2), it reminds me that in mathematics, Z x X = ZX, and Z x Y = ZY
So this could mean Zygarde x Xerneas and Zygarde and Yveltal.
As in the mathematical equation, maybe Zygarde will have a Xerneas and Yveltal form? Plus the move Thousand arrows/ Thousand Waves.

Hm. Very possible. As of the recently discovered Hidden moves for Zygarde. (Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves.)
But I doubt Zygarde will fuse with either Xerneas or Yveltal. Zekrom and Reshiram were originally one dragon. And Kyurem was the body, so their fusion is very plausible. But the legendaries of Kalos don't have that relation. That being said, "Thousand arrows" could be what "Land's wrath" changes into when fused with Yveltal. And similarly "Thousand waves" when fused with Xerneas.
If OR/AS have Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre, I might believe that they plan to release two mega stones, But I highly doubt that as of now. But Zygarde's Pokedex entry also suggests there's more about it.
Here's the entry for X: "When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret power."
Here's the entry for Y: "It's hypothesized that it's monitoring those who destroy the ecosystem from deep in the cave where it lives."
While X hints at a new form, Y hints that there may be an additional storyline. Perhaps a sequel where Zygarde sees it fit to step up and protect Kalos as Giratina did? Who knows.

Perhaps his form changing could be in "Z" itself, by interaction to an object or something of the sort. There's still only theories, so there isn't much to go on. But when I look back into the Pokedex entry for X, It's obvious there's be a sequel. But only time will tell, eh?

Perhaps his form changing could be in "Z" itself, by interaction to an object or something of the sort. There's still only theories, so there isn't much to go on. But when I look back into the Pokedex entry for X, It's obvious there's be a sequel. But only time will tell, eh?
I think this is more likely. While fusion is interesting, it has to make sense with the Pokemon that are being fused. So I would think if Zygarde changed at all, it would be like Giratina. He would have different forms, not fuse with other Pokemon.

Here are what I think are the possible choice:

X (squared) and Y (squared): Very unlikely
Pokemon Z: Very likely
Pokemon ZX, Pokemon ZY: Likely
I like the Pokemon ZX/ZY because not only is it different from the "3rd" game (bar B2W2), it reminds me that in mathematics, Z x X = ZX, and Z x Y = ZY
So this could mean Zygarde x Xerneas and Zygarde and Yveltal.
As in the mathematical equation, maybe Zygarde will have a Xerneas and Yveltal form? Plus the move Thousand arrows/ Thousand Waves.

Hm. Very possible. As of the recently discovered Hidden moves for Zygarde. (Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves.)
But I doubt Zygarde will fuse with either Xerneas or Yveltal. Zekrom and Reshiram were originally one dragon. And Kyurem was the body, so their fusion is very plausible. But the legendaries of Kalos don't have that relation. That being said, "Thousand arrows" could be what "Land's wrath" changes into when fused with Yveltal. And similarly "Thousand waves" when fused with Xerneas.

I like those ideas, but like Potatoesaremyth said, the Kalos legendaries are seperate bodies. A fusion doesn't really make sense to me.

I like those ideas, but like Potatoesaremyth said, the Kalos legendaries are seperate bodies. A fusion doesn't really make sense to me.
Yeah, that's exactly what I thought so I made my post say form and not fusion. I agree though, a fusion would only work with Kyu/Resh/Zek because they were part of the Original Dragon.

As pointed out above, Zygarde probably won't be fusing with anything. There will probably be 2 new games, and like BW2, will continue the story. Team Flare will come back and capture the other Pokemon that they didn't capture in the previous game. The main character would be tasked to find Zygarde and take down the captured legendary that is being abused for power. For this to work, Zygarde would probably get two mega evolutions/ancient devolutions. This is where a new mechanic might come in: Zygarde's Land's Wrath move becomes either Thousand Arrows, to take down Yveltal, or Thousand Waves, for Xerneas.

It may be a sequel like in Pokemon BW2 but it may be a Director's Cut much like Crystal, Emerald and Platinum lol
Seeing how Team Flare ended, Lysandre may not want to do the same plan again since he just broke into tears when he said that he wants to eradicate the existence of humans and Pokemon. So I think that a Director's Cut would make perfect sense IMPO. But don't you think that Lysandre's plan is moot? Think about it, he wants to eradicate the existence of Pokemon and humans just to make an entirely new world that he and his followers can live in without war, overpopulation, vices, etc. If you noticed when you talk to NPCs they'll talk about rainbows, sunshine, happiness, puppies and unicorns(I think you get the Idea) and when you go to towns, you'll see at most 20-25 NPCs in each town so his Idea is kind of moot. If Game Freak made the story a little more believable like adding cut scenes where people are getting robbed, People in pain or something like that, Lysandre's plan would mean anything. Anyways, I'm voting for Pokemon Z not as a sequel but as a Director's Cut of Pokemon X&Y in which Lysandre will get both of the Cover Legendaries and Zygarde will come out of it's den to bring the Ecosystem into balance as said in the Pokedex like Rayquaza and Giratina in which are both Director's Cut games of previous versions.

A source says that Primal Pokemon gain new signature moves. If this is true, it may confirm Zygarde getting two Primal Reversions, evidenced by its two unreleased moves.
Story-wise, it might have some relation with the Kalos War that took place three thousand years ago. Hrm, three thousand years ago, Thousand Waves/Arrows... hrmmm.......

Reactions: FirstSerpent
I'm leaning more towards Pokémon Z as a "Director's Cut" like MMMs said, with Zygarde as the primary legendary. It fits with the previous sequels (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald were named after the colour of their respective legendaries), X/Y/Z since the titles use the initial of their respective primary legendaries. B/W/B2/W2 I think are exceptions because Nintendo were trying out a new style (that upset a lot of people and so they've reverted).

Not much of Zygarde's story is told in X/Y so Z might delve deeper in to that, as well as (hopefully) more details on Az, post-game (unless there is some in X/Y I haven't come across yet). I'm also hoping that the train station in Couriway will allow the player to travel to an extra region (like the Sevii islands in FR/LG) since it currently serves no purpose. I don't think that it will allow travel to any previous region since trading between those games is so easy now. Possibly, then, the new mini-region will include an additional load of Pokémon since so few were added this generation so far. AFAIK the actual game files for X/Y have not been fully dumped successfully so we don't know if there are additional Pokémon hiding in the game code just waiting to be traded in from Z. Heck, maybe we might even find out at last exactly which region Looker is from by following him to his home town and finding out what happened to his Pokémon!

Or I could be barking up the wrong tree entirely ...

Reactions: CrazyElf
I'm leaning more towards Pokémon Z as a "Director's Cut" like MMMs said, with Zygarde as the primary legendary. It fits with the previous sequels (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald were named after the colour of their respective legendaries), X/Y/Z since the titles use the initial of their respective primary legendaries. B/W/B2/W2 I think are exceptions because Nintendo were trying out a new style (that upset a lot of people and so they've reverted).

Not much of Zygarde's story is told in X/Y so Z might delve deeper in to that, as well as (hopefully) more details on Az, post-game (unless there is some in X/Y I haven't come across yet). I'm also hoping that the train station in Couriway will allow the player to travel to an extra region (like the Sevii islands in FR/LG) since it currently serves no purpose. I don't think that it will allow travel to any previous region since trading between those games is so easy now. Possibly, then, the new mini-region will include an additional load of Pokémon since so few were added this generation so far. AFAIK the actual game files for X/Y have not been fully dumped successfully so we don't know if there are additional Pokémon hiding in the game code just waiting to be traded in from Z. Heck, maybe we might even find out at last exactly which region Looker is from by following him to his home town and finding out what happened to his Pokémon!

Or I could be barking up the wrong tree entirely ...
Wow....this is a very nice theory. Even if you are "barking up the tree entirely", this is a nice theory, and it should be real...wait...is this EVEN A THEORY!?

Reactions: h0bd0b1in
I think there's a good chance that there will be sequels although I don't know if they will be centered on Zygarde. Zygarde does seem mysterious but I bet there is a broader story in which Zygarde plays a major part in. At this point, a Pokemon Z seems very likely and could very well be using the idea of Primal Pokemon from OR/AS and maybe some new idea too. It could even involve Pokemon from past games too culminating in a game that completes the arc X and Y started. It's all speculation of course that there will even be a Pokemon Z in the first place considering OR/AS are coming out already. It would separate the release of Z from X and Y thereby splintering the series in half (or 2/3 and 1/3 if you're math-y).

It's all speculation of course that there will even be a Pokemon Z in the first place considering OR/AS are coming out already. It would separate the release of Z from X and Y thereby splintering the series in half (or 2/3 and 1/3 if you're math-y).
Emerald came out after FireRed/LeafGreen's release, so this kind of situation shouldn't be a surprise.

Pokemon Z I say is very likely. Pokemon ZX and Pokemon ZY just sound weird and also, I don't think Zygarde needs a fusion. I think it will just be an item to transform it that is unavailable in X/Y.

Back