X&Y 3D Models

• Thread starter Lamont
  • Start date
Lamont

Lamont

"Haunted Pumpkin"
Towns Folk
Do you like the new 3D models of the pokemon and Characters?

You mean the figures right? I haven't actually seen them yet...but they sound pretty cool. xD

The 3D modeling in this game is really top-notch. It is much, much better than the 2D sprites we had before. I remember Pokedex 3D showed off the 3D sprites for the first time and my wish was for them to be used in an actual Pokemon game. I'm happy that wish came true.

The 3D model are great. Now I'm less sad that there will probably never be GCN Pokemon remakes since X/Y reminded be so much of Colosseum. But there's still no double battle only story mode option or Shadow Pokemon yet so I'm still crossing my fingers

It's great. They finally exploit a bit more the hardware of the handheld (2D Sprites were good, and the DS wouldn't be able to support 3D models with 656Kb of VRAM anyway, while the 3DS can support 3D Models with 6MB of VRAM), and I'm proud of Nintendo and Game Freak because they have taken the thing to the next level.

I can't imagine how hard it could have been to animate these models, though.
The 3D model are great. Now I'm less sad that there will probably never be GCN Pokemon remakes since X/Y reminded be so much of Colosseum. But there's still no double battle only story mode option or Shadow Pokemon yet so I'm still crossing my fingers

Same here. I hope that XD or Colosseum (or even both) get a remake on the 3DS or the WiiU, because they were great games.

Back