XBox Series X - Microsoft's Next Gen Gaming Console

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
According to Microsoft, the new Xbox Series X will be the fastest and the most powerful :redpanda:

The new console was revealed recently and it's a direct competitor to Sony's upcoming PlayStation 5 console. I just wonder if the Xbox Series X will be backward compatible like the PlayStation 5 is said to be.

9ovkRTy.jpg

Anyway, what do you think about the Xbox Series X from what we know so far about it? Is the design and name appealing?

It's a box so they got that part right. The name isn't my favorite for some reason. Is there any dimensions for the thing or will I have to judge based on the controller sitting next to it?

The name's dumb as hell, should've just kept it as Xbox Scarlett.

The design, however, is amazing. Maybe it's because I game on PC mostly, but I like big boxes man. What can I say.

One thing to note is they didn't say much about the hardware at the game awards, so I have a feeling this might be a mostly cloud-based console?

The name has universally been deemed stupid though lol. I don't know who comes up with the names for xbox's but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This also might have been a rushed announcement due to the PS5 being known for a fair amount of time, and it's decently close release. It is a decent design though, I'll give it that. Controller looks like nothing new though.

To think, they named it Xbox Series X while they already have Xbox One X to begin with... I hope this won't confuse anyone that's new to Xbox though :panda: But so far it looks quite promising, the design looks quite neat! It's probably the second game console that can be put horizontally or vertically since Nintendo Wii.

Reactions: Luna
I hope this won't confuse anyone that's new to Xbox though :panda:

It's already confusing people who are far from new to xbox lol. Still mostly unsure on if it is a brand new generation of console or if it's just some like, upgrade or something stupid.

Back