Xenoblade 2: master driver is kinda annoying ;-; (imo)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so im aware of the good things about rex's late game upgrade called 'master driver', but for me this sometimes inferferes with getting rare blades where i want them to be as far as rolling rares goes... i got abrona yesterday on a new game+ in chapter 10 (before final boss) when i was trying to get any common blade for certain field skills and as planned i gave her to rex, but once i finished the poppi qt pi side quest and started my next run, i did not have abrona equipped on him =( im aware it says anything given to him by master driver will go back to where they originally were but i thought this only meant blades like brighid, dromarch, etc that were exclusive starters for the other characters, not randomly pulled rares from core crystals... so now im stuck going all the way to chapter 5 to test her out because i drew her unexpectedly with morag (this character choice was just random tbh, i was going to overdrive any unexpected rares so didnt care here).

i didnt reset without saving in a new game+ either as there was no way for me to resolve any of this as the game was already saved on my previous playthrough after receiving abrona. had there been a way to fix this i would have just quit without saving the next run, putting myself back to my completed round to take care of it. but im pretty sure theres nothing that couldve been done at that point. now, i dont really use rex's master driver perks tbh so this is a bit annoying for me (i keep brighid on morag, dromarch on nia, etc), i have several mains in this game kept on rex as well, i mostly use mythra/ pneuma and kos mos, was looking at abrona for a possible 3rd main blade over Telos but keeping Telos until i get to chapter 5 yet again due to this accident... im guessing the master driver is more for people with less powerful blades who need brighid or pandoria (theyre both very strong) or who want brighid in a new setup and such. but am i the only one who doesnt find this necessary or useful enough?

Back