Xenoblade 2: planning to do my first super boss soon, hints from any pros ?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so i almost have a full team of lv 99 people, but i need to hard carry morag later during a current new game+ so she gets this high as well. i might do the same with zeke but not sure yet since ive used him the least. now i only have some gold chips for my strongest ones and some pretty good aux cores (several lv 4 ones but very few lv 5 for now), i am going to be look at the boss called chickenheart dagmara as id like a preon chip and heard he has less health than some other ones do.

now, ive done my research, i know this is most likely the most gimmicky boss in the game. ive dealt with regular pipitto's a lot so im used to dodging gimmicks but this one is definitely much worse from what ive read as he has an added 'punish' to the dodgy gimmick that supposedly triggers quite randomly when hes enraged. and supposedly its a deadly chain of arts that incflict these statuses smash>break>topple, etc or something along this line. if this does as much damage as the rumors claim thats likely going to be the main threat for a slightly lesser equipped like myself. i know to keep my party guage bars conserved being less skilled so i dont get beaten as the last person and have to restart the fight from scratch. some have said its impossible to hit him with lv 4 specials or a chain attack so im going to get some food items ready before starting. i am going to try kos mos as my main, possibly telos if i need emergency blunt force (as long as he decides to take the hit that is...). i havent seen much of this boss in videos so this is going to be somewhat blind, as in i know what he will do but i dont know how much reach his death chain i described will have. since he is a super boss i will assume at least one attack in this dangerous series of hits is likely an aoe.

it sounds like he is more annoyingly gimmickly than blatantly dangerous unlike orphion and some others ive heard about, but with that being said i still am expecting at least a few fails before getting him. with the excess of dodging he does it will most likely be impossible to fill the party guage more than once for this entire fight apart from the limited health some say he has. for my blades besides kos mos im giving brighid to morag and will have nia use dahlia since she has a great healing focused affinity tree. but because of how dodgy the boss is im not sure if i should bother with kos mos lv 2 special that is almost always incredibly strong and fail safe. even noy having much perfect equipmen i feel this should be manageable but any advice from experts? id rather not start with the true supers like tyranniton or orphion (the deadly aoe spammer), but still get great drops from the slightly easier ones.

Back