Xenoblade 2: top unfair ways to die (imo)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so while the system in terms of combat is very fun in this game, theres always that small portion of things that are just plain cheap no matter what you to do to avoid or try to defend against it in game. now there might be a number of other things that i havent run into or seen but heres where my list of unfair ways to die is

#1--the OP/ overlevelled enemy in low level areas so im guessing even the people who havent gotten far have already seen this. there are several lv 70 to even lv 90 strong enemies right in the gormott plains once youre at the second area. now, lets be honest here, none of us are going to have any chance at beating these unless we've at least beaten the final boss. even then a player might not pass lv 80 until a new game+ has been started. theres one area where i honestly think this is worse later on (the snowy place) and there are many around this level there. yes, we know we arent supposed to be able to fight these and likewise we try to panic run to avoid them. but with that being said they can unfortunately still spot and one shot us, forcing the player back to the landmark to restart their route. these can also interfere with grinding which is another annoying and kinda cheap thing as well

#2--the good old AOE spammer so luckily the game hasnt abused the crap out of this like monster hunter has an unfortunate habit of, but that doesnt mean its a very fun or easy thing to deal with still. there are a couple bosses in this game that have a higher tendency to this however, malos seems to enjoy standing still and spamming aoe's on my teammates later in the game and i was lucky to have kos mos here so this wasnt terrible for me, but i can see the exact opposite for people who had to get close as he is almost guaranteed to knock you right back anytime you try to. he pretty much makes it impossible to get close unless theres a stupidly dodgy gimmick that can be used against him. but for most of us, we will have to avoid this and range him to avoid a frustrating headache. another one that isnt accessible until much later is the generic red artifice that has an annoying habit of flinging the entire team into midair and then spamming its annoying multi hitting punch arm. this easily puts you at half health or less unless youre overlevelled enough and is also what i find to be the worst about phase 2 in the final boss. these killed me at least 4 times before i beat it and it wasnt pleasant to deal with. now, for the worst of the aoe spammers... orphion. double laser beam that can easily hit everyone, and a meteor storm thats pretty much death unless you have certain accessories and affinity tree skills to survive it. now, he might be easy for more advanced players but for the average player like myself, this is where survival feels almost impossible regardless of how we reorganize things. now fortunately, the game doesnt actually require you to beat orphion but for people who do plan to try, all i can say is good luck... he is insanely difficult with the aoe's and already brutal damage no matter how good your gear is

#3 Death by hording aka the sandwich tactic so this is another one every player has had to likely deal with. its not very easy or pleasant getting surrounded by 4 to 6 enemies and trying to take these all down even with a full team. now, its not the enemies themselves that are the issue in many cases, but the fact there are just too many for our current team level to handle without dying towards the last 1 or 2. another very unfortunate thing that can also happen when it comes to hording is a unique monster thats too strong for you can also sometimes enter the fray and this can quickly send you back to the landmark even if youre equipped for survival tactics. theres 5 or 6 of them, and 3 of us... of course this can result in dying sometimes. its generally easier to handle later but can sometimes be a bit tedious and repetitive as there are many enemy types that have a high chance of doing this to the player.

so thats my list.. what do you think the most unfair ways to die in this game are?

when a enemy manages to throw you from a cliff and you die because of the fall,to be fair, sometimes you can do the same to the enemies

Reactions: Kadaj
when a enemy manages to throw you from a cliff and you die because of the fall,to be fair, sometimes you can do the same to the enemies
oh god yeah thats another one ! ive heard some people say they got dropped off the cliff by orphion... now thats pure and complete trash =( a superboss should not be able to do that to you, it takes so much work to kill them...

Back