Xenoblade chronicles 2: favorite blades?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so theres definitely a handful of good blades in this game, but everyone has their own big favorites. my favorites and why are listed below:

Kos Mos: this one seems like the most overpowered ive seen so far and love playing with. shes a dps machine and her specials are absolutely insane. lv 2 is easily the best in the game to my knowledge, aoe high damage and heals your team completely. this is one thing that makes her almost immortal especially with nia playing the healder (i do this for pretty much the whole game) and a single tanky character/ blade on another teammate. also, her driver art assigned to Y can cause a defense break, so follow up with B driver art and this easily passes 10K damage especially with aux cores for afffinity attack boost (if you have lv 4 this ptobably hits over 30K damage in one go... maybe 50K with a defense break, i dont have it yet but hope to get this lv 4 aux core soon). also, you can freely stand there in the back and have aggro focus on your tanky teammate and you rarely need to worry about them fainting because of lv 2 special OP lol. her specials also help me farm a certain enemy with great exp yields that tends to enjoy running away haha

T-elos: Another big but blunt dps machine. her weapon might be a little slower than kos mos ether cannon, but she does easily high damage due to her driver art effects and affinity tree. i am on a new game+ with her affinity tree low and she is already doing serious damage against a lv 38-40 enemy im farming when im at lv 37. about halfway complete affinity tree, it might be possible to one shot some enemies even at the same level as them or cut their health to half pretty much when you start as these do such absurd amounts of damage and the only time she might be a bit disadvantaged is if the enemy is just too fast but this sould be a very rare and limited occurance. any slow enemies are at the mercy of her awesome power =D not lightning quick, but she can definitely help make that annoying horde control much less problematic as her B art can fling an enemy in the air allowing an easy finishing blow (this might not work on bosses but it will still hurt them pretty bad). and pretty much every attack from her can knock an enemy down very easily, likely due to high dps. she does A LOT of overall damage even at lower or mid levels being even with enemies, so imagine being overlevelled lol

Mythra/ Pneuma: The reason for this might be pretty straightfoward, but mythra seems to have already very high damage and when you have an enemy strong enough to sponge numerous hits you get to transform midbattle and use pneuma which gives an immediate lv 3 special (this probably does between 30-40K total damage, minimum totalling multi hits here... might be possible to pass 70K but requires strong aux cores and accessories). mythras specials and driver arts are also easy to get a handle on unlike T-elos, whos a bit slower but seems to pass these two in terms of pure damage unless my aux cores and accessories arent optimimized perfectly.

kos mos and mythra/ pneuma are definitely the more versatile of my three favorites but dont underestimate T-elos either even if shes a bit slower. she has one of the most absurd offensive affinity trees in the game that ive seen, so with it maxed out her slower attacking most likely becomes trivial especially if youre already max levelled on a later playthrough. also, with all three driver arts ready when you start a battle its easily possible to chain all of these and then a lv 1 special to defeat some enemies in just seconds. kos mos does it more easily when it comes to runaways but telos has a higher chance of knocking them down or flinging them into midair. her blunt weapon and offensive tree is whats so good about her. i am working on getting her affinity tree higher so i will say if her speed doesnt matter by then or not (but most likely it wont haha). she has so many damage increasing abilities that being slow most likely doesnt matter later on unless youre dealing with already cheap AOE spammers.

oh, and i dont think i mentioned those flying snake monsters over cliff and knocking them straight into a hole with T-e los did it? super easy exp lol... so what are your favorite blades and why? these are mine

Back