xenoblade chronicles 2: finally found a reliable strategy (elma redux challenge mode fight)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
if you played the game enough you probably know that people struggled with the elma redux challenge battle. well, i definitely didnt find a surefire way early on either. i did a bit of testing yesterday and i finally found a way to survive this ridiculous thing and consistently. we cant early chain kill her because she locks your party gauge almost immediately as the battle starts. and elma will always start with ghost factory which if you havent attempted this battle yet, she duplicates herself and spawns around 4 or 5 clones right off the bat. there is no way to cancel her out of this the first time, but we can prevent her from doing this later on with a dark element blade combo (triple dark is easiest here). this will cast seal reinforcements and this is mandatory. if you dont seal reinforcements on her before attacking the clones she will multiply again indefinitely. you will waste your time and patience like this.

now, you can choose to ignore the clones, but this seems to result in very early deaths unless you have a blade to evade setup. however, that requires flawless maxed out blades which is why im writing this. for people who dont have certain ones at S-S+ to pull of the more popular methods.

after you do seal reinforcements (be sure to highlight Elma and not the clones when you do the blade combo), start attacking the clones to lighten up the early mess and do not perform any full blade combos for the rest of battle! if you do it will overwrite the seal reinforcements and then youll have a giant mess all over again. this is very important. Make sure your teammates focus on one clone at a time as well, and use blade nia as rex to focus on support while tora draws almost all of the aggro, then just use her healing power to help him sponge on HP. for my third partner i had zeke with pandoria and elma but the third character is pretty optional. tora is needed here though and i gave him a rarity 3 platinum nopon mask and set poppi's class effect to maximize aggro draw. this way we play the supportive role with blade nia active and if youre on easy or normal he will almost never die with this strategy unless you a particularly rare accident early on before all the clones are taken out.

as long as you dont use too many specials this is a significantly easier way to win this fight. ideally, you want tora or your other partner to use specials instead of blade nia to minimize aggro on yourself. if you have zeke though you might need to keep an eye on him sometimes, i had his health get pretty low in a couple test runs i did with this strategy but fortunately he did not faint. a class effect from 3 healer blades on rex was another thing i had, and its ok if the other two are common blades since we only use nia after the dark element blade combo. damage from the blade combo does not matter either, the seal gets cast even with minimal damage. it might be better if its weak to avoid dying early also.

you will almost guaranteed win elma redux like this. i did around 6 runs with this setup and no fails. all other ideas i did i had at least 2 fails before winning. it works wonders despite not being a speed method. nia prevents everyone from dying to some of her combos that overwise are almost guaranteed to kill you or a teammate, and with this tora will be getting targeted by almost every attack. if poppi QT Pi has a good critical heal build this also prevents the obvious splurge of attacks from killing him. only use specials with nia if both tora and zeke are too low on health. should work like a charm even though its not the fastest method, it did well for me. give nia a dilaton chip with guard boost V and its almost impossible for elma to death combo you if you do get targeted by her worst string of blows where you otherwise cant do a darn thing.

best way i found to beat elma redux easily. for bringer of chaos players though, i feel like fast cheesy methods would be mandatory since halfway through her driver combo burst you are going to die a lot faster, but this should work on any other difficulty well enough

Back