xenoblade chronicles 2: healer (ether mod) poppi QT Pi is insane

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i just recently maxed out Poppi's 3rd form and got her to S+ trust level, and i have her with ether mod V (i couldnt squeeze in master ether mod because of space limitations unfortunately), and i fought the lv 130 tyrannotitan kurodl which died in just under 2 minutes and i only had one element orb (not kidding... she did so much damage and with all 3 burst symbols on everyone she pretty much did death damage in chain attack). i thought Fiora and Kos mos were insane at S+ but this was just... wow. and with the ether mod she heals you so much that reflect damage doesnt even matter. and if you get the light element mod you can solo blade combo and destroy pretty much anything easily.... its crazy. almost reminds me of that hilarious and awesome meteorain setup i used in bravely second on 3ds a while back lol

the other reason poppi qt pi in general is good a choice in this case is not only is she insanely easy to customize and VERY broken, but she doesnt require hours and hours of legendary core grinding like Kos mos and some other blades can. Fiora obviously doesnt either, but you do need to complete the battle called "Dino Drama" to use her outside the challenge zone area which will require a bit of work. luckily however, this battle isnt nearly as nasty as Elma Redux (this is one of the worst imo, Mk. VIII is also pretty tough since it has a lot of high level sub bosses with some dangerous attacks. i found this one easy with poppi qt pi though). Elma Redux is a much bigger mess with the mounds of clones and the fact you get your party guage locked very early on there might be a way to avoid this but i dont know of one, unless i missed an accessory that provides high resistance to this (most likely rare though if one exists). i have t tried her on elma redux yet just because of the fact it was hectic and messy in an exhausting way... if i feel up to it though i might test her on that one.

im pretty sure you can solo cheese everything with her set up like this though. just give her moon matter chip. i cant get a screenshot of the build i have on her on the forum so apologies for that, but there should be easy to find builds on youtube to cap her offensive power (its not very hard to do but youll need a lot of ether crystals). note that many probably used muscle mod V instead of ether mod V, but she is still ridiculously OP with the ether mod (i used this so i dont have to worry about high damage from some uniques but if youre fast enough you probably dont need to worry about that for more than one minute) so using that is definitely fine as well. on new game+ i generally use mythra and kos mos since i cant access poppi qt pi until reaching chapter 5 again, but it should be easy to do that without a lot of work so there isnt much to worry about there

Reactions: EsmyTiānmó
The versatility of party make-up options in that game really is something. It was difficult for me to wrap my head around all of it but I loved how they let you approach the tank, healer, dps concept from any angle. I never had my Poppi QT Pi quite at the level you mention here but I can only imagine that it would be insane.

Reactions: Kadaj
The versatility of party make-up options in that game really is something. It was difficult for me to wrap my head around all of it but I loved how they let you approach the tank, healer, dps concept from any angle. I never had my Poppi QT Pi quite at the level you mention here but I can only imagine that it would be insane.
definitely ! theres actually a lot of very broken and strong blades, but Poppi QT Pi is easily at the top since she only requires a late side quest and she has pretty much endless easy customization depending on what you wanna go for. Muscle Mod V would probably pass the damage margin i had her at since i used Ether Mod V (master mods are good but capacity heavy unfortunately). also, you dont need to spend an entire afternoon on the mini game for her at all either, there are 5 chest locations with special manuals that when you collect all of them, will unlock every customization option for her in all forms (you need to reach a certain spot in the world tree to get the final one so youll need to be pretty far in but its very worth it).

the only other moderately grindy thing about actually acquiring each of the parts is getting the ether crystals but again the mini game is completely skippable here as well. just fight a high level unique monster with single element orb chain attack and if you have Telos or Kos mos at S+ (people seem to pull Telos more easily from core crystals though for sone reason) they pretty much finish these off even at above half health. if your blades arent very strong though, i have another thread showing a few good enemies that require minimal power to grind exp off of without having a billion deaths from being too underpowered against a lv 99+ unique monster (many of these have at least one way to party wipe so you cant go underequipped unfortunately). the serpond enemies in temperance are easy to beat and they attack and move very slowly, and the squirrel like enemies (called pippito, there are different kinds but all give easy exp, are relatively harmless and have very low HP. they can be one shotted with opening art lv 3+ as well) are the best ways to grind exp if youre below lv 90.

of course its possible to kill a lv 100+ unique monster below lv 90 but its ill advisable unless youre more skilled than i am. less HP and defense so its easily more dangerous. other than exp grind you need full affinity charts so do those as well, some of them are a pain but really pay off on the upside

Back