xenoblade chronicles 2: kill any sub boss/ unique monster easily ! (orb master OP)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so almost everyone knows that there are some very powerful unique monsters in this game, and one of the ones i personally highlighted was artifice orphion and theres a number of reasons why. out of every super unique ive fought so far he seems to be the most unpredictable one. he has several very dangerous AOE's that will knock out half your health or more, and some of these hit multiple times which is almost certain death. the only thing he seems to do consistently is ouroboros drive ane calamity fall at critical health loss, and be careful, because he will start to spam these if you dont finish him off quickly and this will kill your entire team! i also highly advise staying on the stairs during this fight as calamity fall will triple or quad blowback you which means if youre by the edge youre out no matter what because of death drop. your revival pod will not guard against this so make sure to avoid edges. some people who went in blind failed the battle from falling off and this is probably what knocked them off the cliff. and if powerful multi hits and very blunt AOE's wasnt bad enough he also uses another deadly move called barrier field which will always result in at least 2 dead teammates. so this would subtract 2 bars from your party guage and youd have to build it again.

alright, so with all of that explained this fight may sound impossible (and past normal difficulty its awfully close to it--experts only on bringer of chaos here... pretty sure youre forced to cheese him that hard unless youre a top player on this game). but there is a more fail safe way to approach orphion even for the people with slightly weaker blades, and it involves using the aux core element orb ender and a common blade on the character youre using with lv 5 orb master. this is one of the most busted things in the game and i will explain why.

orb master makes it so you generate an element orb with only the first stage of any blade combo, and lv 5 orb master adds guaranteed chances of this happening (under lv 5 its not guaranteed so its important that the common blade has access to lv 5 orb master for this reason. rare blades dont have orb master so youll need to farm cores until you spawn a common blade with this ability), and with element orb ender any opposing element orbs get broken with one attack, making full bursts significantly easier in any fight. with this setup stage 3 blade combo only becomes a safety measure for avoiding dangerous attacks that will otherwise instant kill you or combo you to death within seconds (why chickenheart dagmara is so annoying sometimes... luckily single orb chain attack can kill him easily though with his low max HP) and they are no longer necessary for generating orbs. this makes almost any fight hilariously easy. just be reminded that the common blade has to be actively attacking for orb master to work. so youre going to need the AI to support you a bit here, and they usually get me enough orbs to win the fight even with some inconsistencies on their blade switching.

the other notable thing about this kind of strategy is you can do lower damage and still benefit immensely from this, and remember many super bosses do their most deadly attacks when enraged which is another reason this can be a safer way to approach these fights (except chickenheart dagmara, he has low HP so go past 2 orbs at your own risk... master art will party wipe when hes enraged). almost all of them will one shot you or your entire team if you arent careful while theyre enraged especially due to already deadly base attack power and this getting buffed from the enrage state (this rule applies to ALL enemies when enraged but the supers obviously are much worse here). the only time its risky if going for over 4 orbs in most cases is low HP enemy with deadly attacks that are used when enraged which is why its risky against dagmara. i wouldnt aim for more than 2 orbs on him. for building on orphion just watch out for barrier field and some other multo hit attacks, and only have the common blade auto attack so the AI gets you the orbs you need (the common blade should do lv 1 special early on and only use avante grand medal to maintain HP for most of this since you dont want to DPS the super boss too much as this will enrage quickly if your partners are very strong like in my case).

and like normal keep all accessories focused on chain damage and support for heals and such, you will blast through anything very easily and much safer like this

Back