Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna DLC early level up spot

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i havent completely finished the Torna DLC yet but i think ive already found a good spot to level up fast pretty early on. i know about sidequests, but theres also a great enemy that yields high exp pretty fast easily and has limited health: a lv 38-40 Xane Pippito in Gormott. if you keep going past valafum hill theres another grassy hilly area where there are several shark-like brown enemies that are
v 33-35. when youre close to where the xane pippito is youll see a beach spot downstairs and a flying bug like enemy with some crab and fish hordes. But do not go down there, instead turn right to a very shaded area and he should be very close if you didnt already spot him. this enemy isnt very hard to beat and most of its attacks are trivial but you need to hurry up. if it gets enraged down to lowest health possible he will attempt to use master art (originally exclusive to dagmara if i recall right). if this gets you youre dead. but there is a way to shake this off even with insufficient moves to build a chain attack (once this has unlocked).

two options early game... you can out DPS him before you get caught (this usually works but occasionally fails) by the attack, or better than this, Hugo has an art that draws aggro to himself when used. if he uses this it seems like hes almost guaranteed to take the hit and die. the enemy should be weakened enough by this point to be easily finished off. i also think theres a nopon mask you can get early as well but be warned idk if it will kill him before the monster tries to use master art, so just power up this for him as you go and youre generally safe enough from this pretty much instant death move. xane pippito might be midly annoying he can give anywhere from 1.9K Exp to 1K-800 per kill making it very worth your while. i killed these only being lv 30 or 31 without too many problems. you can hit and pass lv 40 VERY early on fighting these.

to reach lv 30 i just fought some lv 18-25 unique monsters using haze for any emergency heals. as long as you keep your blade switch ready the early uniques arent that terrible (as long as you arent way too far under them obviously), of theyre too hard on normal just switch to easy, i dont think this changes EXP yields anyway so theres not much to worry about there.

i will also try to find enemies for later/ mid level grinds as well but this one should do well getting you going pretty easily. just dont fight him before lv 30 or his other attacks that arent normally that strong will still kill you (possible lv 28 minimum?). if i find a higher level one that isnt terribly atrocious and gives good enough reward for several battles i will also write on that later, hopefully this helps though

Back